Matthew

Default zanussi washing machine - battery fallen down soap chute

"Suz" wrote in message ...
Hi. My baby has managed to push a AA battery down the soap chute of my
brand new Zanussi washing machine (1200 spin, front loader, basic
model). I have tried removing the soap drawer, but beyond this I
haven't got any idea.

When you say you tried to remove the soap drawer, I assume you did remove
it? In our Zanussi when you take the soap drawer out, the exit for the soap
is at right angles to the drawer and is only about the size of an AA battery
and would be virtually impossible for the battery to go down.
Plus did you see it go down? Reminds me of a trip to casualty when our 4 yr
old said the 2 yr old had put a large hair clip in her mouth and then "did
this mummy *cough, choke splutter* ", graphic rolling around clutching
throat, "and when she opened her mouth it was gone". One very long wait in
A&E and 2 x-rays later - no clip. Found a slabbery clip in her sock drawer
that night where, when she had haked it back up, it had shot into.

We got the drawer out: behind it is a pipe plenty big enough for a C
battery (let alone AA) to get down. I stuck a palette knife in it: it
appears to twist around in a bit of a loop. We turned the machine
upside down to try and get it to go back the way it came - no sign of
it.

I am very tempted to turn the machine on to see what happens (where
does the soap pipe go to?), but at risk of causing a lot of damage I
haven't done.