Bob Eager

Default zanussi washing machine - battery fallen down soap chute

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 15:22:22 UTC, (Matthew) wrote:

We got the drawer out: behind it is a pipe plenty big enough for a C
battery (let alone AA) to get down. I stuck a palette knife in it: it
appears to twist around in a bit of a loop. We turned the machine
upside down to try and get it to go back the way it came - no sign of
it.

I am very tempted to turn the machine on to see what happens (where
does the soap pipe go to?), but at risk of causing a lot of damage I
haven't done.

I would suspect it has dropped into the tub (the water containing
cylinder that the drum runs in). You could see how much spec there is
between the front rim of the drum and the edge of the tub; tilt the
machine forwartd and see if thebattery slides to the front. Failing
that, you need to open the tub. Don';t know how it works on the Zanussi;
on my Hotpoint it's about a dozen metal clips and that's it.
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70...