Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Allen

Default Wiring question - interior lighting - PIR-activated

Hi there,
I want to have PIR-activated lights in my hall and landing. In the
past, I have used PIRs which are specially designed to replace an
ordinary wall light switch, screwed directly into the switch housing.
Trouble is, they cost at least £25 each, and they don't last long. So
now I am thinking of buying two of those rectangular wall-mounted
lights with built-in PIR, designed for exterior use, like they sell at
B&Q. I plan to remove the wall light switch, and use the wires inside
to feed the lamp, fixing the lamp over the switch housing. Can anyone
see any problem with doing this?

Thank you

Allen

Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Electrical wiring inspector? phil UK diy 14 November 25th 03 12:54 AM
Pushfit plumbing question Lee Blaver UK diy 18 October 23rd 03 07:58 AM
Consumer unit wiring David Hearn UK diy 12 October 11th 03 12:28 AM
Cooker hood wiring again! John Greenwood UK diy 3 July 31st 03 11:10 AM