Mungo Henning

Default Wiring question - interior lighting - PIR-activate d

Hi Allen,

"Allen" wrote in message
Could you give more details
like what you wired it to? Wiring from the wall swithch?

Now I'm presuming it ain't multi-way switching, so at the ceiling rose there
is a
"drop" which sends permanent-live down to the switch and switched live
back up from the switch.
So you take a three-core-plus-earth cable from the ceiling rose which has
the blue
core as Neutral (I try and wrap a bit of black tape over the blue cable so
that the
next person knows I am using this as a neutral), the red core as
permanent-live and
the yellow core will be switched live which will go to the live side of your
lightbulb.

Live, Neutral, Switched Live and Earth: three cores plus earth to the PIR.

Mungo.

P.S. If you'd like to visually discriminate between the switch working the
incandescent
lamp and the PIR causing the light to be illuminated you may care to use
Google to
search in this newsgroup for an idea I broached about using a "power diode".
Great idea (if I may say so): works a treat in my house! :-)