Mungo Henning

Default Wiring question - interior lighting - PIR-activated

"Allen" wrote in message
So
now I am thinking of buying two of those rectangular wall-mounted
lights with built-in PIR, designed for exterior use, like they sell at
B&Q.

Just fitted one of these for a friend today (12.99 at Screwfix). Nice unit -
perfect
for the end of a garage, but I wouldn't fit this inside a house.

Why not buy a standalone PIR and wire this in to switch the lights?
These can be bought from Screwfix too (I have no connection with Screwfix,
apart from
being a reasonably happy customer).

I always try and fit a standalone PIR just so that I can keep the light and
what triggers
it as separate units. The slight hope is that Bob the Burgler doesn't see
that the light has
been triggered by a device and hence it may be the precursor to the
householder coming to
investigate the noise...

Mungo