Allen

Default Wiring question - interior lighting - PIR-activate d

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 17:36:53 -0000, "Suz"
wrote:

now I am thinking of buying two of those rectangular wall-mounted
lights with built-in PIR, designed for exterior use, like they sell at
B&Q. I plan to remove the wall light switch, and use the wires inside
to feed the lamp, fixing the lamp over the switch housing. Can anyone
see any problem with doing this?

Ugly ugly.

OK, OK! You have a point.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I'm still looking for a cheap and
effective and long-lasting solution. I don't really want to alter the
wiring from the ceiling rose to the light switch like someone
suggested - although it was a much appreciated suggestion.

I have a vague idea that someone once told me that if you use those
PIR wall-ligh switches (designed exactly for this purpose i.e., not
designed for security lights) they will last longer if you use low
energy bulbs - even though the instructions say DON'T use low energy
bulbs..

Can anyone verify that?

Allen