Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Samsung SSD 750 EVO v 850 EVO / Ubuntu

For the average user (web, email, music, movies, etc), is there going
to be any difference between these two drives? I googled and saw pages
containing answers, but they all merged into one mass of numbers which
frankly I didn't fully understand.

Simple answers would be most appreciated.

Any other brand worth looking at?

(It'll be replacing a 5200 rpm drive in a new-to-me laptop running
Ubuntu for the shed, currently is is a bit creaky, am I barking up the
wrong tree to assume an SSD will improve the snappiness of the user
interface?)

Thank you in advance.

O/T: Ubuntu questions. David Paste[_2_] UK diy 76 December 7th 15 09:05 PM
OT Linux/ubuntu Jim K[_3_] UK diy 6 June 17th 13 08:47 PM
OT. Ubuntu best Linux for beginner Invisible Man[_2_] UK diy 31 June 22nd 10 12:21 AM
Ubuntu to CentOs The Real Andy Electronic Schematics 1 March 26th 09 11:10 AM
Ubuntu Live CD Offbreed Metalworking 50 February 20th 06 01:58 PM