Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Paste[_2_] David Paste[_2_] is offline

Default Samsung SSD 750 EVO v 850 EVO / Ubuntu

For the average user (web, email, music, movies, etc), is there going
to be any difference between these two drives? I googled and saw pages
containing answers, but they all merged into one mass of numbers which
frankly I didn't fully understand.

Simple answers would be most appreciated.

Any other brand worth looking at?

(It'll be replacing a 5200 rpm drive in a new-to-me laptop running
Ubuntu for the shed, currently is is a bit creaky, am I barking up the
wrong tree to assume an SSD will improve the snappiness of the user
interface?)

Thank you in advance.