Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Samsung SSD 750 EVO v 850 EVO / Ubuntu

On 15/10/2016 08:33, Andy Burns wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:

I would not touch Samsung EVO with a bargepole.

Also, I don't yet trust Triple Level Cells which is what Samsung are
pushing.

I've been happy so far with a Samsung 850 Pro, I think that's 3 bit MLC,
I'm not aware of any other drive that comes with a 10 year warranty.

Shouldn't the warranty just be treated as marketing hype with the
manufacturers knowing that the majority of users will move onto another
better computer/disk well within that timespan. Furthermore a 10 year
warranty does not mean that the device will last that long. The
manufacturer has just factored into the selling price the cost of a like
for like replacement which after a few years will be the models at the
very bottom of their current range.