Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Glass vs. plastics bottles & jars

On Wednesday, 14 September 2016 11:13:52 UTC+1, rick wrote:
On 10/09/2016 20:51, Graham. wrote:
Supermarket shelves have both in abundance.

I would have thought one or other would have an overall advantage and
led to the demise of its rival.

What factors are at work here?

I do find it strange that I can only buy Carrot juice in heavy glass
bottles, when all other juices are in Terra packs or plastic bottles
.... so marketing must play in this as well ... perceived value maybe?

Exactly. I think Aldi do carrot juice cartons.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14-Sep-16 11:13 AM, rick wrote:
On 10/09/2016 20:51, Graham. wrote:
Supermarket shelves have both in abundance.

I would have thought one or other would have an overall advantage and
led to the demise of its rival.

What factors are at work here?

I do find it strange that I can only buy Carrot juice in heavy glass
bottles, when all other juices are in Terra packs or plastic bottles
.... so marketing must play in this as well ... perceived value maybe?

Perhaps carrot juice is particularly susceptible to being degraded by
exposure to oxygen?? Glass would protect it from that.

Colin Bignell

Maple jars Kevin Miller[_2_] Woodturning 12 November 29th 10 05:45 PM
Cutting Old Glass Bottles Steve B Home Repair 12 May 5th 07 07:29 PM
Glass milk bottles Phil L UK diy 29 March 16th 07 05:33 PM
mason jars... shellac... Silvan Woodworking 43 December 25th 04 02:32 PM
Lyeden Jars Kamus of Kadizhar Metalworking 45 June 5th 04 02:01 PM