Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT (not an apprentice, but...)

My friend, a few months back, employed a young chap for general work around the hanger. He was willing, but needed to be given clear instructions for most of his duties. When told to sweep the hanger floor, he cheerfully went and found the broom and made a start. Half an hour later, it was noticed that he had the broom upside down. His explanation was that he'd never before swept a floor.
He jumped before he ws pushed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Upside down?
I assume you don't mean the bristles up, just the angle of the head was
wrong.
This reminded me of a broom head I bought some time ago, the stiff bristle
sort. When I got it home and tried to put the handle on it, I found the hole
for the handle had been made at right angles to the wood of the head,
meaning that neither way around would make it act as a broom should.
Chalk up one more to the idiot factory, no wonder it was described as a
universal broom head.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote in message
My friend, a few months back, employed a young chap for general work around
the hanger. He was willing, but needed to be given clear instructions for
most of his duties. When told to sweep the hanger floor, he cheerfully went
and found the broom and made a start. Half an hour later, it was noticed
that he had the broom upside down. His explanation was that he'd never
before swept a floor.
He jumped before he ws pushed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I don't think the factory got it wrong. Most of our brooms are designed
for pushing so have the handle at an angle to the bristles. But there
are plenty meant to have bristles parallel to the handle for use
upright. I had a holiday job in a canning factory where we used them.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

No I don't believe you, I think some Del Boy convinced them that it was
right with the help of Arfur Daley no doubt left with a job lot of dodgy
broom heads.
Brian

--
----- -

"Robin" wrote in message
I don't think the factory got it wrong. Most of our brooms are designed
for pushing so have the handle at an angle to the bristles. But there are
plenty meant to have bristles parallel to the handle for use upright. I
had a holiday job in a canning factory where we used them.

--
Robin

Another £20 bet won from an apprentice ARW UK diy 108 May 16th 16 09:17 AM
Apprentice at it again ARW UK diy 135 February 15th 16 11:06 AM
OT And the apprentice once said ARW UK diy 32 August 23rd 15 06:53 PM
New Apprentice ARW UK diy 4 October 25th 12 08:54 AM
That's one less apprentice ARWadsworth UK diy 61 June 25th 12 09:44 PM