Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Ressetting an IPod mini

Banana fingers has done it again. I was just trying to reset my daughters old iPad mini and some unintentionally have reset the language to Chinese. Before I go down to my local take away and see if anyone can translate it does anyone know a way of resetting without being able to read any menu?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tricky Dicky wrote:

trying to reset my daughters old iPad mini and some unintentionally
have reset the language to Chinese. Before I go down to my local take
away and see if anyone can translate it does anyone know a way of
resetting without being able to read any menu?

If you have an Android phone, use the Google Translate app, set it for
Chinese to English and point it to the iPad's screen, it will do a live
translation for you ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tricky Dicky Wrote in message:
Banana fingers has done it again. I was just trying to reset my daughters old iPad mini and some unintentionally have reset the language to Chinese. Before I go down to my local take away and see if anyone can translate it does anyone know a way of resetting without being able to read any menu?

You can connect it to a PC or Mac and do it via iTunes:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201252
Chris French
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns Wrote in message:
Tricky Dicky wrote:

trying to reset my daughters old iPad mini and some unintentionally
have reset the language to Chinese. Before I go down to my local take
away and see if anyone can translate it does anyone know a way of
resetting without being able to read any menu?

If you have an Android phone, use the Google Translate app, set it for
Chinese to English and point it to the iPad's screen, it will do a live
translation for you ...

Or even another iThing, you can get Google translation on iOS as well
Chris French
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks Andy and Chris, I will try your suggestions and see what works.

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tricky Dicky wrote:
Banana fingers has done it again. I was just trying to reset my daughters
old iPad mini and some unintentionally have reset the language to
Chinese. Before I go down to my local take away and see if anyone can
translate it does anyone know a way of resetting without being able to read any menu?

Assuming you can still recognise the "settings" app and can navigate to
"general", you'll find the language options there.

This may help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/50iqot4rvv...neral.png?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5277fovto...tings.png?dl=1

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tricky Dicky scribeth thus
Banana fingers has done it again. I was just trying to reset my daughters old
iPad mini and some unintentionally have reset the language to Chinese. Before I
go down to my local take away and see if anyone can translate it does anyone
know a way of resetting without being able to read any menu?

Simples..

When you next got for a takeaway ask whoever's behind the till..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

This is where we came in. One would have thought that it would be possible
to have this done by a particular menu that toggles to English as English is
such a well known language.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article ,
Tricky Dicky scribeth thus
Banana fingers has done it again. I was just trying to reset my daughters
old
iPad mini and some unintentionally have reset the language to Chinese.
Before I
go down to my local take away and see if anyone can translate it does
anyone
know a way of resetting without being able to read any menu?

Simples..

When you next got for a takeaway ask whoever's behind the till..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Update, I tried google translate but could not hold the phone steady enough for the camera to pick up the tiny writing on the screen nor keep the screen lit long enough to get a fix on the writing. So went for the PC option only to get iTunes crashing each time I connected the iPod. On the positive side I did manage to get it back to English by going through retracing my steps as I could best remember and try different menu options which eventually came up with the language options which fortunetly had English written in English and not just Chinese symbols.

As I said before, I am trying to do a factory reset so that I can Sync it with SWAMBOs iTunes account and replace her ancient Shuttle. The trouble is it does not want to do anything. I go to Settings select Reset all settings, reset but nothing happens. I am expecting my daughters details and playlists to disappear but everything is just as before. With iTunes crashing I am lost for options and the Apple site does not seem to cover the problem.

On the plus side it does play the installed music but SWAMBO wants to use it for some of her meditation stuff and Nine Inch Nails blaring out does not quite cut it. So any suggestions are welcome before it goes in File X. The model is so old I do not want to pay the exhorbitant repair fees at the Apple Store and thinking it would be more cost effective to mend it with a new one if it comes to that.

Tim+, thanks for the pointers but you must have misread the topic - iPOd not iPad but thanks for replying.

It nearly got down to a visit to Royal Dragon Take Away it was the the thought of how many Sweet & Sours or Currys I would need to buy before I got it translated that made me persevere by myself.

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tricky Dicky wrote:

Tim+, thanks for the pointers but you must have misread the topic - iPOd not iPad

Well, you did say pAd in the message, but pOd in the subject.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

True Andy my mistake probably caught out by the auto speller doing the change, did I mention banana fingers earlier on

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+, thanks for the pointers but you must have misread the topic - iPOd not
iPad but thanks for replying.

It nearly got down to a visit to Royal Dragon Take Away it was the the thought
of how many Sweet & Sours or Currys I would need to buy before I got it
translated that made me persevere by myself.

Richard

Well down ours theres a young girl serves there, well I say young shes
probably a lot older as Asian woman seem to age well, she speaks 8
languages apart from her native Mandarin, puts me to shame;!.

Sure she could sort out a lot more than an ipod;!
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/08/16 15:00, Chris French wrote:
[...]

Reset all settings doesn't do what you think it should :-) i
AIUI it resets 'settings' aka preferences to defaults, but leaves
the accounts/aps/data alone.

On the iThings here, the option you want is 'Erase all content and
settings'.

If I had an I-Thing it would be 'move whole piece of crap to council
wastebin'

But Marxism is the crack cocaine.