Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default OT Ressetting an IPod mini

Update, I tried google translate but could not hold the phone steady enough for the camera to pick up the tiny writing on the screen nor keep the screen lit long enough to get a fix on the writing. So went for the PC option only to get iTunes crashing each time I connected the iPod. On the positive side I did manage to get it back to English by going through retracing my steps as I could best remember and try different menu options which eventually came up with the language options which fortunetly had English written in English and not just Chinese symbols.

As I said before, I am trying to do a factory reset so that I can Sync it with SWAMBOs iTunes account and replace her ancient Shuttle. The trouble is it does not want to do anything. I go to Settings select Reset all settings, reset but nothing happens. I am expecting my daughters details and playlists to disappear but everything is just as before. With iTunes crashing I am lost for options and the Apple site does not seem to cover the problem.

On the plus side it does play the installed music but SWAMBO wants to use it for some of her meditation stuff and Nine Inch Nails blaring out does not quite cut it. So any suggestions are welcome before it goes in File X. The model is so old I do not want to pay the exhorbitant repair fees at the Apple Store and thinking it would be more cost effective to mend it with a new one if it comes to that.

Tim+, thanks for the pointers but you must have misread the topic - iPOd not iPad but thanks for replying.

It nearly got down to a visit to Royal Dragon Take Away it was the the thought of how many Sweet & Sours or Currys I would need to buy before I got it translated that made me persevere by myself.

Richard