View Single Post
  #13   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster

Default OT Ressetting an IPod mini

On 24/08/16 15:00, Chris French wrote:
Tricky Dicky Wrote in message:
Update, I tried google translate but could not hold the phone steady enough for the camera to pick up the tiny writing on the screen nor keep the screen lit long enough to get a fix on the writing. So went for the PC option only to get iTunes crashing each time I connected the iPod. On the positive side I did manage to get it back to English by going through retracing my steps as I could best remember and try different menu options which eventually came up with the language options which fortunetly had English written in English and not just Chinese symbols.

As I said before, I am trying to do a factory reset so that I can Sync it with SWAMBOs iTunes account and replace her ancient Shuttle. The trouble is it does not want to do anything. I go to Settings select Reset all settings, reset but nothing happens. I am expecting my daughters details and playlists to disappear but everything is just as before. With iTunes crashing I am lost for options and the Apple site does not seem to cover the problem.

Reset all settings doesn't do what you think it should :-) i
AIUI it resets 'settings' aka preferences to defaults, but leaves
the accounts/aps/data alone.

On the iThings here, the option you want is 'Erase all content and
settings'.

If I had an I-Thing it would be 'move whole piece of crap to council
wastebin'

--
Karl Marx said religion is the opium of the people.
But Marxism is the crack cocaine.