Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So much for Nigels NHS promises...

In article ,
Andrew wrote:
The group that is imposing the heaviest burden on the NHS is the 83+
group. This group doesn't have the generous pensions that the baby
boomers are getting.

Any more generalizations you can pluck out of thin air?

Simple fact. Go and visit your local hospital (that has an A&E)
in January and ask them which group of people need the most attention.

The state pension is worth about £244,000 per
person. Only the top 25% of taxpayers ever paid in enough tax and NI
(after deducting all the 'free' education and NHS that they received
when their kids were younger) to cover this total.
If you are 0ver 65 then the state pension does come from the state.

Given it isn't funded, the state pension has always been paid by those in
work and paying taxes, etc.

Except that the propertion of people over 65 is higher now than it has
ever been and the biggest increase is the 85+ group. The Queen had to
give up signing 100-birthday cards years and years ago.

Meanwhile the number of people in work and paying hard taxes (as opposed
to those that are on minimum wage but collect 3 times as much in tax
credits, child benefit and housing benefit as they pay in tax') as a
proportion has been shrinking steadily for years.

Everyone expects to keep on paying their house and car insurance after
65, so why do people somehow expect to receive unlimited free treatment
on the NHS despite paying zilch for the rest of their lives ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 14 July 2016 14:37:51 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
On 05/07/2016 12:35, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 4 July 2016 18:54:57 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
On 03/07/2016 10:54, dennis@home wrote:
On 02/07/2016 21:11, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message

Older people actually make a net contribution to the economy of about
£58bn per year.

From what?

Their income stream, pensions investments etc.

I pay tax from my pension and none of that pension comes from the state
so I am a net contributor ATM.

The group that is imposing the heaviest burden on the NHS is the 83+
group. This group doesn't have the generous pensions that the baby
boomers are getting.

But they have been working (mostly) and paid taxes most of thier lives some may have even fought in the war.

The state pension is worth about £244,000 per
person.

What do you mean by worth ?

I'll ask again , what do you mean by worth ?

Only the top 25% of taxpayers ever paid in enough tax and NI
(after deducting all the 'free' education and NHS that they received
when their kids were younger) to cover this total.

How was all this free.

Because the local authority never sent an invoice to the parents
showing what the cost of educating their kids was,

But the local authority did collect taxes from them and the governement did collect taxes from them. It is those that have paid these taxes in advance..

People living and working in the UK, NOTE I said living and working in the UK
have been payign taxes since they were introduced over 200 years ago.

So both my mum and dad on getting employed have been paying taxes to the UK government since about 1950, before that their parents were paying tax and most likely their parents before them.

and what the
individual parents contribution would be for the year ahead.
Ditto the NHS.

So yuo're saying everyone pays ahead by a year.

So if someone comes from anothe rsolar system how long should they pay in to a tax system before they can benifit from it one year or immediatly considering yuo cliam people pay for the year ahead.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Andrew
writes
In article ,
Andrew wrote:
[...]

They do pay tax you know.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 21:19:16 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 20:34:26 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Sun, 10 Jul 2016 22:28:07 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Sat, 09 Jul 2016 01:50:05 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Thu, 07 Jul 2016 01:26:26 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 22:05:46 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 18:48:28 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 5 July 2016 15:58:54 UTC+1, James Wilkinson
wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jul 2016 12:40:24 +0100, whisky-dave

wrote:

On Monday, 4 July 2016 23:16:43 UTC+1, James Wilkinson
wrote:

Banks lent money to people who could never pay it back.
Banks'
fault.

At least that is true this is how the EU is heading
controlled
by
Germany.

Why is there no Disneyland China?
No one's tall enough to go on the good rides.

https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/

well at least this IS a factthat can't be disproved.

Maybe only the tourists go on it?

And you mean CAN be disproved. You got mixed up in your own
double
negative, not nohow.

How can you disprove it . The place exists. How as a fact can
yuo
say
it
doesnlt exist ?

It is trivial to disprove that it isn't just foreign tourists
that
go
on
it.

I guess they could have made the rides have smaller restraints.

Yeah, bet they did.

Average Chinese height = 5 ft 7
Average British height = 5 ft 9
Average Australian height = 5 ft 9
Average American height = 5 ft 10

So if we take kids over there, they can go on all the good
stuff,
because
they'll be adult height in that country.

Trouble is that they are so obese that they won't
be allowed on the good stuff for that reason.

I'm British, not American.

Most british kids are obese.

Around here I'd say about 1 in 100 are obese,

More fool you, its much higher than that.

2 in 100 are podgy,

More fool you, its much higher than that.

and the rest are skinny.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

I'm here, you're not.

Even someone as stupid as you should have noticed
that we do have these funky things called video
cameras and the net now and even can get real
radical and measure kids too.

But you can't measure ours as you're over there.

Even someone as stupid as you should have noticed
that someone does measure the kids over there.

You don't even have to measure them to notice that almost every single one
around here isn't fat.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fat+...tland&tbm=isch

I see no percentages there.

Anyway it's illegal to measure kids

Must be why all those medical personnel are all in jail.

Medicine lets you do anything.

Must be why so many ended up in jail for
molesting the patients and killing them.

Ok, medicine lets you get away with things if you do it properly.

But our cops aren't immune to the law, which is quite funny.

I doubt too many are laughing in jail.

No, they just get fired instead. Gets them out of the way of the public anyway.

- as the police found out when they wanted to check people had the right
child seats. Measuring them involves touching them which is apparently
sexual assault.

Must be why all those medical personnel
and all the parents are all in jail.

Parents aren't immune, they're jailing them all the time.

Not every time they touch one of their kids when
putting them in the child seats in their cars they don't.

They do if the kid makes up a story to get them into trouble because they fell out with them.

Although it is funny when they take someone's kid away because they threw
them out. Doh!

You don't know what people are like here.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

I am here, you are there, I can see what people are like, you cannot.

Even someone as stupid as you should have noticed
that we do have these funky things called video
cameras and the net now and even can get real
radical and measure kids too.

How many?

Almost all of them.

Nope. Oh look, normal kids: https://www.google.com/search?q=skin...tland&tbm=isch

--
I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park anywhere near the place. -- Steven Wright
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Nothing to do with your original stupid claim that touching
a child to measure it sees the person doing it in jail.

Although it is funny when they take someone's kid away because they
threw
them out. Doh!

You don't know what people are like here.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

I am here, you are there, I can see what people are like, you cannot.

Even someone as stupid as you should have noticed
that we do have these funky things called video
cameras and the net now and even can get real
radical and measure kids too.

How many?

Almost all of them.

Nope.

Yep, almost all kids are measured, even there.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default **** off Wodney.