Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So much for Nigels NHS promises...

On Thursday, 14 July 2016 14:37:51 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
On 05/07/2016 12:35, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 4 July 2016 18:54:57 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
On 03/07/2016 10:54, dennis@home wrote:
On 02/07/2016 21:11, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message

Older people actually make a net contribution to the economy of about
£58bn per year.

From what?

Their income stream, pensions investments etc.

I pay tax from my pension and none of that pension comes from the state
so I am a net contributor ATM.

The group that is imposing the heaviest burden on the NHS is the 83+
group. This group doesn't have the generous pensions that the baby
boomers are getting.

But they have been working (mostly) and paid taxes most of thier lives some may have even fought in the war.

The state pension is worth about £244,000 per
person.

What do you mean by worth ?

I'll ask again , what do you mean by worth ?

Only the top 25% of taxpayers ever paid in enough tax and NI
(after deducting all the 'free' education and NHS that they received
when their kids were younger) to cover this total.

How was all this free.

Because the local authority never sent an invoice to the parents
showing what the cost of educating their kids was,

But the local authority did collect taxes from them and the governement did collect taxes from them. It is those that have paid these taxes in advance..

People living and working in the UK, NOTE I said living and working in the UK
have been payign taxes since they were introduced over 200 years ago.

So both my mum and dad on getting employed have been paying taxes to the UK government since about 1950, before that their parents were paying tax and most likely their parents before them.

and what the
individual parents contribution would be for the year ahead.
Ditto the NHS.

So yuo're saying everyone pays ahead by a year.

So if someone comes from anothe rsolar system how long should they pay in to a tax system before they can benifit from it one year or immediatly considering yuo cliam people pay for the year ahead.