Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl Drill on Thursday - Any good?

On 05/05/2016 19:39, Rod Speed wrote:

"David Lang" wrote in message
On 05/05/2016 10:28, Rod Speed wrote:

"David Lang" wrote in message
On 04/05/2016 23:54, Rod Speed wrote:

"Fredxxx" wrote in message
On 04/05/2016 22:57, Rod Speed wrote:
Some drunken ****wit claiming to be David Lang
wrote
Rod Speed wrote

reams of your desperate attempts at insults that any 2 year
old could leave for dead flushed where they belong

Whoops, nothing left, wota surprise.

Was that an insult?

Nope, statement of fact.

reams of your desperate attempts at insults that any 2 year
old could leave for dead flushed where they belong

Standard Halfwit Response #4

Whoops, nothing new of yours left, wota surprise.

Standard Halfwit Response #8

Halfwit.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxxx" wrote in message
On 04/05/2016 22:57, Rod Speed wrote:
Some drunken ****wit claiming to be David Lang
wrote
Rod Speed wrote

reams of your desperate attempts at insults that any 2 year
old could leave for dead flushed where they belong

Whoops, nothing left, wota surprise.

Was that an insult?

Nope, statement of fact.

reams of your desperate attempts at insults that any 2 year
old could leave for dead flushed where they belong

Whoops, nothing new of yours left, wota surprise.

You're coming across like a 2 year old who can't help repeating the few
words they know.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxxx" wrote in message
On 04/05/2016 22:57, Rod Speed wrote:
Some drunken ****wit claiming to be David Lang
wrote
Rod Speed wrote

reams of your desperate attempts at insults that any 2 year
old could leave for dead flushed where they belong

Whoops, nothing left, wota surprise.

Was that an insult?

Nope, statement of fact.

You're coming across like a 2 year old who can't help repeating the few words they know.

There that's better

reams of your desperate attempts at insults that any 2 year
old could leave for dead flushed where they belong

Whoops, nothing new of yours left, wota surprise.

Was the bit you snipped too close to home?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 05 May 2016 18:29:37 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
I found it rather peculiar that SDS-Plus is only mentioned in one
place in the small print on the outer packaging and only once in the
list of contents in the booklet. So buyer beware; this is not a
standard hammer drill that one might think from the literature.

Pics and description mentions a chisel. Which means SDS - not hammer.

Indeed it does Dave, not whether it is SDS-Plus or SDS-Max however

MIke

Posted to uk.d-i-y

LOL, I keep saying it, it's pointless replying to the prick cept to take the
****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/05/2016 22:29, bm wrote:
it's pointless replying to the prick

Full stop.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
On Thu, 05 May 2016 18:29:37 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
I found it rather peculiar that SDS-Plus is only mentioned in one
place in the small print on the outer packaging and only once in the
list of contents in the booklet. So buyer beware; this is not a
standard hammer drill that one might think from the literature.

Pics and description mentions a chisel. Which means SDS - not hammer.

Indeed it does Dave, not whether it is SDS-Plus or SDS-Max however

Not seen anything on sale new for ages that wasn't SDS plus. Not sure what
SDS max is. ;-)

--
*According to my calculations, the problem doesn't exist.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

[snip]

Not seen anything on sale new for ages that wasn't SDS plus. Not sure what
SDS max is. ;-)

Sort of Kango-sized.

--
Jim White
Wimbledon London England
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Jim White Wrote in message:
In message
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

[snip]

Not seen anything on sale new for ages that wasn't SDS plus. Not sure what
SDS max is. ;-)

Sort of Kango-sized.

Not aldidl sized.
:-)

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
jim k wrote:
Jim White Wrote in message:
In message
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

[snip]

Not seen anything on sale new for ages that wasn't SDS plus. Not sure
what SDS max is. ;-)

Sort of Kango-sized.

Not aldidl sized.
:-)

Ah. ;-)

--
*A fool and his money can throw one hell of a party.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 5 May 2016 15:49:33 UTC+2, David Lang wrote:
On 05/05/2016 10:28, Rod Speed wrote:
Whoops, nothing left, wota surprise.

Standard Halfwit Response #8
Whoops, nothing left, wota surprise

Please don't feed the troll.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 06 May 2016 00:16:22 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
On Thu, 05 May 2016 18:29:37 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
I found it rather peculiar that SDS-Plus is only mentioned in one
place in the small print on the outer packaging and only once in the
list of contents in the booklet. So buyer beware; this is not a
standard hammer drill that one might think from the literature.

Pics and description mentions a chisel. Which means SDS - not hammer.

Indeed it does Dave, not whether it is SDS-Plus or SDS-Max however

Not seen anything on sale new for ages that wasn't SDS plus. Not sure what
SDS max is. ;-)

It is SDS-plus Dave:
"There are three standard sizes of SDS:
SDS-plus (or SDSplus or SDS+), SDS-Top and SDS-max. SDS-plus is the
most common by count of tools manufactured, with masonry drills from 5
mm diameter to 30 mm (and from 5/32" to 1-1/4") diameter ordinarily
available. The shortest SDS-plus masonry drill bits are about 110 mm
overall length, and the longest 1500 mm. SDS-max is more common for
larger rotary hammers and chipping guns, and common sizes start at
1/2" diameter up to 1-3/4" diameter. Standard lengths are between 12"
- 21". SDS-Top has been largely phased out in North America and is not
common except for older tools. Hilti's TE-S system is similar to these
SDS systems, but is designed for chipping only (no rotation) in tools
for applications larger than could be handled by SDS-Max (e.g.
demolition of concrete walls or floors)"
Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drill_bit_shank

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 5 May 2016 18:14:22 +0100, RJH wrote:

On 05/05/2016 16:15, wrote:
On Mon, 2 May 2016 11:52:37 +0100, RJH wrote:

Here's mine:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/47717472@N03/26165841493/

The setting it's on is the chisel 'hammer' symbol. The other two are
drill and hammer drill. The 4th setting lets you turn the chisel.

I am in the market for an SDS+ drill to replace my Makita that has
just died after 3 years. On inspection I found that the pin driving
the impact mechanism was blue from heat and the motor pinion teeth
were mostly missing! I was dismayed to find that there was no apparent
lubrication in the drive and gear mechanism.

Disappointing for Makita. Mine does get warm, and there's some grease
supplied, which I suppose helps.

I have compared the theoretical spec for the Lidl one and it appears
(on paper!) to be up there with more expensive budget machines from
Toolstation:

Lidl Impact force 3J, Input Power 1050W £40
Draper 20503 2.5J, 750W, £80
Both 0-5,300ipm
Sparky BPR261E 3.1J, 820W, 0-5450ipm £100

FWIW, mine is:

Impact energy: 3 joules max, 1050W
Drilling capacity: 13 mm in steel max. 32 mm in wood max. 26 mm in concrete

The one on sale now does look a little different - the drill casing is
fancier. And it's clean ;-)

Many thanks for the info Rob.

I was first in the queue at my Lidl branch this morning (in fact I was
a queue of one!) and had eight to choose from.

In the earlier days stuff tended to sell out quite quickly. Now less so
- whether it's stock or demand, don't know.

The more depressing thing is if it's on sale a few weeks later for 10
quid less - life goes on, pay what you think it's worth :-)

It certainly looks and feels the business so looking forward to
putting it to work.

Yep, very pleased with mine. Keep the receipt - 3 year guarantee.

I found it rather peculiar that SDS-Plus is only mentioned in one
place in the small print on the outer packaging and only once in the
list of contents in the booklet. So buyer beware; this is not a
standard hammer drill that one might think from the literature.

I think that might have caught a few people out.

Very pleased with it, put it to task today chipping off the mortar
patches from the back of paving slabs and did a great job.

Mike

Lidl SDS drill - first look David UK diy 39 April 28th 15 01:04 PM
Lidl 10.8V Drill polygonum UK diy 3 January 16th 15 02:03 PM
Lidl Drill Mitch UK diy 1 January 7th 13 07:30 PM
Long life rechargable batteries @ Lidl - Thursday Simon C UK diy 12 October 29th 10 05:13 PM
Lidl offers Thursday The Medway Handyman[_2_] UK diy 1 May 7th 10 05:46 AM