Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default windows .... everest vs anglian?

We're having new windows put in to our house. I've narrowed down the
choice to either Everest or Anglian. They are comparable in products
and cost.

Is there anything wrong with either of these two companies? Is one
generally preferable to the other?

Advice, please.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
We're having new windows put in to our house. I've narrowed down the
choice to either Everest or Anglian. They are comparable in products
and cost.

Is there anything wrong with either of these two companies? Is one
generally preferable to the other?

Advice, please.

Well, they're pretty well match when it comes to giving ridiculously
over-inflated quotes and using hard sell techniques I believe.

I've only once let an Everest salesman through my door. Never again.

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/04/16 15:13, Tim+ wrote:
wrote:
We're having new windows put in to our house. I've narrowed down the
choice to either Everest or Anglian. They are comparable in products
and cost.

Is there anything wrong with either of these two companies? Is one
generally preferable to the other?

Advice, please.

Well, they're pretty well match when it comes to giving ridiculously
over-inflated quotes and using hard sell techniques I believe.

I've only once let an Everest salesman through my door. Never again.

Tim

The real question should be 'is there anything right with either of
these two companies?'

And the short answer is of course 'no'.

private property.

Karl Marx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 29 April 2016 15:16:42 UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:
wrote:

We're having new windows put in to our house. I've narrowed down the
choice to either Everest or Anglian. They are comparable in products
and cost.

Is there anything wrong with either of these two companies? Is one
generally preferable to the other?

Advice, please.

Well, they're pretty well match when it comes to giving ridiculously
over-inflated quotes and using hard sell techniques I believe.

Go to a small local window company if you're not diying. Any company that advertises heavily will charge more, it's inevitable, and normally it's way more. How else do you think they can afford to open 100+ branches.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Go to a small local window company if you're not diying.

And if you are DIYing, give these a look ...

http://windowsanddoors.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message

Go to a small local window company if you're not diying.

And if you are DIYing, give these a look ...

http://windowsanddoors.co.uk

Cheers Andy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 14:13:13 -0000 (UTC), Tim+

We're having new windows put in to our house. I've narrowed down the
choice to either Everest or Anglian. They are comparable in products
and cost.

Is there anything wrong with either of these two companies? Is one
generally preferable to the other?

Advice, please.

Well, they're pretty well match when it comes to giving ridiculously
over-inflated quotes and using hard sell techniques I believe.

I've only once let an Everest salesman through my door. Never again.

Tim

We got quotes from two other firms, one a reputable local company. The
numbers were all in the same ball-park.

I have nothing against employing Anglian or Everest, it's whether they
do a good job, apart from the sales pitch.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
We're having new windows put in to our house. I've narrowed down the
choice to either Everest or Anglian. They are comparable in products
and cost.

Is there anything wrong with either of these two companies? Is one
generally preferable to the other?

Advice, please.

Well, they're pretty well match when it comes to giving ridiculously
over-inflated quotes and using hard sell techniques I believe.

I've only once let an Everest salesman through my door. Never again.

I've had both through my door, the Anglian when asked decided to prove his windows were better by dropping a demo window on the floor waking and scaring my cat!, he said that Anglian windoes don't go yellow with age (the plastic) he kept going on about how bad other installers were. He worked out a price and handed me the paper to sign, and I said I only asked you for a quote why do I need to sign anything.
I made sure he saw my eyes go towards the floor under the video where I had a webcam recording the event he saw the flashing LED'.
Within a few minites he'd packed up and left grabbing his paperwork and mumbling and headed off, quicker than he arrived, and I thought nothing could travel faster than the speed of light ;-).

The Everest bloke was quite differnt he still had the fred moult guy on his laptop measered up went through all the options it was very expensive and I wasn;t impressed so he came up with a few discounts for paying and agreing to let them film the in stallation and another discount to put a board up outside.
I even offered to film for him and showed him my youtube vid that was shown in the USA TV animal planet. He also saw the flashing LED but it didn't seem to bother him.

Another local firm indian/asian asked me where I lived and said all the windows are the same in that area , we don;t need to come and measure it will be about £200 per window. Everest were near £1000. Even I measured the windows as being slightly differnt in size, and I told him he said OK and made an appointment to come and measure, he never turned up.

So decided to go with everest, who then sent a surveyor to measure up the windows, he measured in 3 places took his time over it and double checked.
Everest also said they take out all the old box wood that sash windows have
and that they fill any gaps with expanding foam something Anglia never mentioned or even commented on.

The installers were quick and effienct for the most part.
One piece they supplied had a bit of a scratch and dent asn they said we aren't installing that's it's damaged is it OK if we just put teh filler in and retun the next day with the replacement part which was OK by me.
But for others mightnhave meant taking another day off work.

Although still expensive I was pleased with the work and the workman 2 of them just got on and did the job, didn;t even hear any bad langauge or ladish behavour and left the place clean and tidy.

No one turned up to film and no advertising boards appeared but I still got the discounts. They took all the old windows and crap with them in the van, I think I had to arrange for a skip with Anglian who really just contract out to any window installer I think.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I hope you told them in advance that you will be filming or at least asked their permission on the day.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

These days its enough to ask before making public. Just like before you had
to have a bleep when calls were being recorded, not any more.
I record all my calls and simply delete the junk ones.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
I hope you told them in advance that you will be filming or at least asked
their permission on the day.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote:

These days its enough to ask before making public. Just like before you had
to have a bleep when calls were being recorded

This was purely because most implementations of recording devices were
made for the American market. There was no such rule here.

, not any more.
I record all my calls and simply delete the junk ones.
Brian

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote

These days its enough to ask before making public. Just like before you
had to have a bleep when calls were being recorded, not any more.I record
all my calls and simply delete the junk ones.

I'd like to be since I now do all incoming and outgoing
calls on the iphone, its one of the real downsides with
iphones, you can't do that easily.

The other thing you can't do easily is tell siri to answer the
call when the call comes in when driving around in the car
with just the iphone, no hands free kit etc.

And yes, I know that some claim that it is too dangerous
to talk to someone on the phone while driving. That’s
bull****. If you can't do that safely in speakerphone
mode you shouldn’t be allowed to drive a car at all.

wrote in message
I hope you told them in advance that you will be filming or at least asked
their permission on the day.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 1 January 2020 11:25:52 UTC, Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote:
These days its enough to ask before making public. Just like before you had
to have a bleep when calls were being recorded, not any more.
I record all my calls and simply delete the junk ones.

I hid a camera under my TV when I had double glazing salesman arrive.
well hide enough so yuo could just see the LED and can shape from the sofa..

Date ~2006
First around were anglia, all he did was drop the window casing on the carpet
to prove how strong it was, and tell me how other companies frames always yellow after a few years but not theirs. Then go on about a few other 'facts' and tell me how poor nextdoors windows were, which have been there for 20+ years.
he then handed me the form to sign to start the process and asking for the deposit. I said I thought you just came to give me a quote I said quite loudly while staring at my LED/mic (which was an old firewire webcam from my mac) .
He saw it picked up his breifcase threw all his paperwork in it picked up the demo window from the floor and legged it, he couldn't leave fast enough.
It was like he thought I was doing a watchdog rogue traders on him (which is what I was hoping he'd think). A few months later I got a call from Anglia asking about windows I said no it's OK they've been sorted and that was the last I heard from them.

A week later Everest called, and their spill was more about the old advertising with ted moult, on his laptop he played the ads from the 1970s. I'm sure he must have seem my mic but didn't seemed phased by it, he didn't try to rubbish other companies other than says there's is the best slogan again from the 70s, he also actually measured the windows before quoting which anglia didn't do.
The price was ~5 times what anglia quoted, he applied the usual discounts, then said I could get a further discount if they were allowed to film the instaltion and put up a placard outside which I agreed to even saying "can I film them
as I'd like a time-lapse of the install for myself", he didn't comment on my request.
I agreed to the Everest quote and had to pay a 10% deposit with a cheque !

I had a quote from a local glazier company, which was really cheap and they were going to use my measurements and said they didn't need to come and measure as they knew the sizes of windows in similar properties in the area, I never contacted them again.

2 weeks or so after everest, they sent a surveyer and he actually remeasured
the windows, both top , bottom and middle, he really took time and care
of the measuremetns and doubled checked them. He seems like a true pro at his job.
The installers seemed good to, quick and efficient and refused to install a slightly dameged section saying they'll return tomorrow with an undameged section which they did. They also took all the old windows with them and cleaned up.
I think with anglia I would have had to arrange for a skip myself too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

All double glazing is a bit of a lottery, as the actual products mostly are
very good now, its the contractors who put them in who are often the
problem.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .

Why is anyone considering either of these outfits?

--
There's no obfuscated Perl contest because it's pointless.

- Jeff Polk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 01 Jan 2020 11:29:11 +0000, Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) wrote:

All double glazing is a bit of a lottery, as the actual products mostly
are very good now, its the contractors who put them in who are often the
problem.

That may be true, but...

I remember rejecting Anglia on the basis of a shoddy installation. In
their showroom.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

All double glazing is a bit of a lottery, as the actual products mostly are
very good now, its the contractors who put them in who are often the
problem.

+1
And its common to find a couple of double glazing vans parked in your
local "travellers" site overnight.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 14:13:13 -0000 (UTC), Tim+

We're having new windows put in to our house. I've narrowed down the
choice to either Everest or Anglian. They are comparable in products
and cost.

Is there anything wrong with either of these two companies? Is one
generally preferable to the other?

Advice, please.

Well, they're pretty well match when it comes to giving ridiculously
over-inflated quotes and using hard sell techniques I believe.

I've only once let an Everest salesman through my door. Never again.

Tim

I totally agree with Tim and others here.

I have always obtained multiple quotes and the major players are
always much more expensive than reputable local people and my
experiences of installations by both of them are something that I do
not want have again.

For the King's Lynn area (which we moved to nearly 3 years ago) I
can't praise West Norfolk Glass highly enough. They will supply or
fit whole installations, replacement sealed units or just pieces of
glass cut to size. Their sales guy is old school with no attempt to
encourage more than you have asked for; indeed suggested something I
was perhaps over-specifying on. The surveyor is thorough and made some
suggestions on how a door installation could be improved and the folk
in the warehouse are very friendly and helpful. I am so pleased with
their price and work (by their own fitters) that I will probably not
bother with multiple quotes in the future. Blimey that sounds a bit
like an advert for them but I have nothing to do with them other than
being a very happy customer as a result of a recommendation.

They do run a guarantee scheme that I had never heard of before; it is
the Double Glazing and Conservatory Quality Assurance Ombudsman Scheme
(DGCOS). This not only insures your guarantee should the company go
bust but also insures a deposit and make the guarantee fully
transferable. So whoever you are going to engage I suggest you make
sure they are a DGCOS member.

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Also of course its often not the quality of the windows which is the issue,
its the reliability of the local contractor they both get to fit them. You
do hear of horror stories like bay windows where the support of the top bit
containing the roof tiles has not been held up during the install or even
the gap filled with foam resulting in collapses or leaks later on.

I will just say this, whoever fits them maake sure that any warranty on the
work is underwritten by a known company like an insurance company, not by
the fitting company etc, as they tend to not be worth the paper they are
written on.
Brian

--
----- -

"Tim+" wrote in message
We're having new windows put in to our house. I've narrowed down the
choice to either Everest or Anglian. They are comparable in products
and cost.

Is there anything wrong with either of these two companies? Is one
generally preferable to the other?

Advice, please.

Well, they're pretty well match when it comes to giving ridiculously
over-inflated quotes and using hard sell techniques I believe.

I've only once let an Everest salesman through my door. Never again.

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Well, they're pretty well match when it comes to giving ridiculously
over-inflated quotes and using hard sell techniques I believe.

I've only once let an Everest salesman through my door. Never again.

Tim

Did you let him out again?
It's illegal to release vermin you have trapped back into the wild.
You were obliged to humanely dispatch it.

G.Harman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/04/2016 15:11, lid wrote:
We're having new windows put in to our house. I've narrowed down the
choice to either Everest or Anglian. They are comparable in products
and cost.

Is there anything wrong with either of these two companies? Is one
generally preferable to the other?

Avoid BOTH !

We foolishly let Anglian into the house (as a benchmark price to compare
local companies with).
After the salesman completely ignored my request to cut the crap
doubleglazing "offers" and go straight for the final price of 50% less
than the fake "list" price we ended up kicking him out.
He played all the "let me make a phone call to my manager to see if
there are any offers left in your post code for show cases" cards.
I think 5 or 6 "special discounts" came out of the hat....

My advice is to go for a local family run business that's got nothing to
do with "Anglian Home Improvements" or any other national chain.
If they don't get the sale they appear to sell on all your details to
every "independent" Anglian affiliate in a 100 mile range.

There are local companies everywhere that manufacture windows using the
same window profile.

Ones I just fitted were from an established family run Bristol company
who used aluminium profile from "smart systems" (also a local company
but one that makes window profiles (aluminium and uPVC) for companies
all over the UK)

Be warned though, even local companies seem to sub-contract out the
fitting these days and a great install one day may be done by cowboys 6
months later.
As our neighbours found out recently when they recommended a local
company to their friends...

Cheers - Pete

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/04/16 15:32, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Be warned though, even local companies seem to sub-contract out the
fitting these days and a great install one day may be done by cowboys 6
months later.

Find the fitters. Let them tell you where to buy te products.

and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally
important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for
the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the
truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Joseph Goebbels

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 15:32:12 +0100, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
wrote:

On 29/04/2016 15:11, lid wrote:
We're having new windows put in to our house. I've narrowed down the
choice to either Everest or Anglian. They are comparable in products
and cost.

Is there anything wrong with either of these two companies? Is one
generally preferable to the other?

Avoid BOTH !

looking at;

http://www.everest.co.uk/about/reviews/

https://www.anglianhome.co.uk/customer-reviews

they seem to have a lot of happy customers, which is counter to what
people have said on this group.

Do you think the recommendations are staged, artificial?

I prefer a natonal firm with a ten year guarantee. As long as they
don't overcharge me massively, I see no advantage to a local firm.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/04/2016 15:53, lid wrote:

looking at;

http://www.everest.co.uk/about/reviews/

https://www.anglianhome.co.uk/customer-reviews

they seem to have a lot of happy customers, which is counter to what
people have said on this group.

Do you think the recommendations are staged, artificial?

Look where those reviews are hosted.

Your money, your choice.

National companies are just as likely (or more so) to go into
receivership/liquidation than established local ones so a 10 year
warranty isn't worth paying 30% or more over the odds for as it's pretty
meaningless (in my view) but if it gives you peace of mind then it's
whatever works for you.

Throw a question out there and get personal thoughts. I've just gone
through the whole window palava. Starting off with a baseline quote from
Anglian (which they didn't ever provide as they could only give their
"standard" prices of £5000 for a front door worth about £500 for the spec.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 16:25:55 +0100, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
wrote:

On 29/04/2016 15:53, lid wrote:

[...]

Unfortunately I'm going to have to agree with the general suggestion
of staying away from the big boys and trying to find a good local
firm.

Some inlaws had a new uPVC downstairs bay fitted by a national and the
who job was a mess ... and because the couple were elderly and frail,
didn't want them back in the house to make the job right so got me to
do it instead.

There were gaps between the window frame and bay post you could see
the road though and the internal windowsill was held in place with
silicon and stacks of spacers (15 high) likes the leaning Tower of
Pizza. Plus of course, uPVC trim and silicon *everywhere*.

Anyone who has ever seen 'Watchdog' will have seen these 'sharks'' who
start off with one vastly inflated price and slowly come down to
nearer what it should have been in the first place. Anyone conducting
their business like that should be avoided at all cost IMHO.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 16:52:11 +0100, T i m wrote:

Unfortunately I'm going to have to agree with the general suggestion
of staying away from the big boys and trying to find a good local
firm.

Even a local firm that goods at first glance should be checked
carefully.

This firm does a good job I'm sure . Lots of happy customers no doubt
as mentioned on the website.
http://www.applehomeimprovements.co....FS8z0wodCFYJ8g

Not a mention of the recent closure of the Weymouth subsidiary
http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/141...y_liquidation/

Or the ruthlessness behind the respectable front.
http://www.tradingstandards.uk/extra...fm/newsid/1428

G.Harman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/04/2016 16:25, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
On 29/04/2016 15:53, lid wrote:

looking at;

http://www.everest.co.uk/about/reviews/

https://www.anglianhome.co.uk/customer-reviews

they seem to have a lot of happy customers, which is counter to what
people have said on this group.

Do you think the recommendations are staged, artificial?

Look where those reviews are hosted.

Your money, your choice.

National companies are just as likely (or more so) to go into
receivership/liquidation than established local ones so a 10 year
warranty isn't worth paying 30% or more over the odds for as it's pretty
meaningless (in my view) but if it gives you peace of mind then it's
whatever works for you.

Years ago, a friend of mine used to assemble and sell computers. He
offered warranties that were insurance backed - ie it didn't matter if
he disappeared, stopped trading or whatever, as the warranty was with an
independent insurance company. I wonder if any of the windows companies
do something similar?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 30 April 2016 00:48:26 UTC+1, Steve Walker wrote:
On 29/04/2016 16:25, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

National companies are just as likely (or more so) to go into
receivership/liquidation than established local ones so a 10 year
warranty isn't worth paying 30% or more over the odds for as it's pretty
meaningless (in my view) but if it gives you peace of mind then it's
whatever works for you.

Years ago, a friend of mine used to assemble and sell computers. He
offered warranties that were insurance backed - ie it didn't matter if
he disappeared, stopped trading or whatever, as the warranty was with an
independent insurance company. I wonder if any of the windows companies
do something similar?

What would a 10 year guarantee be useful for? The things that occasionally die between 1 & 10 years are low cost replaceables such as handles. So worth very little.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/04/2016 15:53, lid wrote:

[...]

some do

some don't

doesn't always help - sometime it is the insurance co that goes bust!

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 29/04/2016 15:11, lid wrote:
We're having new windows put in to our house. I've narrowed down the
choice to either Everest or Anglian. They are comparable in products
and cost.

Is there anything wrong with either of these two companies? Is one
generally preferable to the other?

Avoid BOTH !

looking at;

http://www.everest.co.uk/about/reviews/

https://www.anglianhome.co.uk/customer-reviews

they seem to have a lot of happy customers, which is counter to what
people have said on this group.

Do you think the recommendations are staged, artificial?

You're joking, right?
Swerve the bull****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 17:40:47 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

they seem to have a lot of happy customers, which is counter to

what
people have said on this group.

Do you think the recommendations are staged, artificial?

Yes.

Making them up would be venturing into very grey area legally,
misrepresentation? fraud? advertsising standards? They probably are
genuine comments but selected comments...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 2 May 2016 11:17:23 UTC+1, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 17:40:47 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

they seem to have a lot of happy customers, which is counter to

what
people have said on this group.

Do you think the recommendations are staged, artificial?

Yes.

Making them up would be venturing into very grey area legally,
misrepresentation? fraud? advertsising standards? They probably are
genuine comments but selected comments...

Who's going to prove that made up comments were made up? How? I expect it's widespread in retail generally.

Anyway they're meaningless. Any going concern will have lots of customers, some of whom will be nice no matter how bad they typically are.

The op is just a Rodney.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/04/2016 15:53, lid wrote:

looking at;

http://www.everest.co.uk/about/reviews/

https://www.anglianhome.co.uk/customer-reviews

Without looking at their site, do they have any negative reviews? A lack
of a balance may indicate selective reviews.

With some companies, as a customer, it's impossible to put negative
feedback on the site.

With any product/service google 'company name problems' or 'product name
problems' and use your own judgement about the compalints

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 29 April 2016 15:53:19 UTC+1, wrote:

looking at;

http://www.everest.co.uk/about/reviews/

https://www.anglianhome.co.uk/customer-reviews

they seem to have a lot of happy customers, which is counter to what
people have said on this group.

Do you think the recommendations are staged, artificial?

did you think they'd post negative reviews then?

I prefer a natonal firm with a ten year guarantee.

worth almost nothing

As long as they
don't overcharge me massively, I see no advantage to a local firm.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 29/04/2016 15:11, lid wrote:
We're having new windows put in to our house. I've narrowed down the
choice to either Everest or Anglian. They are comparable in products
and cost.

Is there anything wrong with either of these two companies? Is one
generally preferable to the other?

Avoid BOTH !

looking at;

http://www.everest.co.uk/about/reviews/

https://www.anglianhome.co.uk/customer-reviews

they seem to have a lot of happy customers, which is counter to what
people have said on this group.

Do you think the recommendations are staged, artificial?

Just easily conned and don't compare, just buy what
the goon that shows up at the door cons them into.

I prefer a natonal firm with a ten year guarantee.

Sure, but that doesn't mean they wont go bust before that
and don't slither out of the guarantee when you need it.

As long as they don't overcharge me massively,
I see no advantage to a local firm.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 15:53:15 +0100, lid wrote:

looking at;

http://www.everest.co.uk/about/reviews/

https://www.anglianhome.co.uk/customer-reviews

they seem to have a lot of happy customers, which is counter to what
people have said on this group.

You trust the marketing content of a company website?

Do you think the recommendations are staged, artificial?

Probably not but what precentage of total customers do those reviews
represent and what is the precentage of bad reviews?

I prefer a natonal firm with a ten year guarantee.

Why? Small local firm has a reputation to maintain or they'll go
out of business as the word gets around. Any guarantee of that
duration isn't worth the paper it is written on unless insurance
backed, no matter the size of the company. Look at how many
apparently succesful big companies have gone bust recently. Anglian
and Everest will have spent a lot of money on lawyers writting the
small print of the "gaurantee" to minimise any claims. It may even
tie you into an annual "maintence check" that has to be done by a a
"qualified" entity at £50/window or similar catch...

As long as they don't overcharge me massively,

Define "massively". Ignore any list prices from Anglian/Everest they
are just a sales scam. As a guess I'd expect a good local installer
to be 20 to 50% below A or E.

I see no advantage to a local firm.

Local firm relies on reputation and word of mouth to stay in
business. Anglian/Everest spend a fortune on ads... Having has double
galzing installed by Anglian and a local firm you really, really, do
not want to use Anglian and Everest are in the same camp as far as
sales pitch is concerned. I did not like the abusive response I got
when I phoned to reject an Everest quote or the follow up calls
trying to make me change my mind.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 19:16:09 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

On 29/04/2016 15:11, lid wrote:
We're having new windows put in to our house. I've narrowed down the
choice to either Everest or Anglian. They are comparable in products
and cost.

Is there anything wrong with either of these two companies? Is one
generally preferable to the other?

Avoid BOTH !

looking at;

http://www.everest.co.uk/about/reviews/

https://www.anglianhome.co.uk/customer-reviews

they seem to have a lot of happy customers, which is counter to what
people have said on this group.

Do you think the recommendations are staged, artificial?

I prefer a natonal firm with a ten year guarantee. As long as they don't
overcharge me massively, I see no advantage to a local firm.

Our local firm (East Kent) was Mark Russell Glazing who gave a 10 year
warranty (which we've used a couple of times). As I said, they were also
cheaper then the national chains.

Useful to know. I need a couple of those Anglian one replaced completely.

Anglian Windows sweetheart[_2_] UK diy 22 July 9th 10 10:25 PM
Everest are taking the p@@ss... JoeJoe UK diy 4 September 4th 08 08:13 PM
Is this wall going to fall down thanks to Anglian Windows? mike[_7_] UK diy 24 August 20th 08 07:56 PM
Everest Double Glazing CJB UK diy 8 March 15th 08 09:56 AM
Everest Stinks CJB UK diy 16 June 3rd 07 07:43 PM