Posted to uk.d-i-y
CJB CJB is offline

Default Everest Double Glazing

I am having trouble with Everest a contract to replace the
windows
of my flat. They are stone-walling me and refusing to reply to
letters
and emails. This is actually causing a huge amount of stress and
extra
expense. Don't Get Done Get Dom is interested - but I need to get the
windows in a.s.a.p. - but I can't get anyone in Everest to display
any
form of interest whatsoever. They also have £1000 deposit of mine.
There customer serivce is appalling. Also does anyone else out there
have any experience of Everest? I'd be interested to hear how they
got
on. Cheers - Chris B.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I am having trouble with Everest a contract to replace the
windows of my flat.
They are stone-walling me and refusing to reply to letters and
emails. This is actually causing a huge amount of stress and
extra expense.

IANAL (so check wording etc in uk.legal !)

Registered delivery letter to their head office address (IIRC the
owner owns one of the football / rugby clubs in the North West)
pointing out that their inability to provide you with the service for
which they are holding a deposit in a reasonable timescale is;

a) causing you costs (how, btw ?)

b) failure to start work within the next 14 days will result in you
getting the work done by someone else and claiming against them for
full costs of the third party work due to breach of contract (did they
give you any timescale for starting work, or did you specify that time
was of the essence etc. ?)

c) tell them that this action is to mitigate your costs, but may not
be so favourable for them

IIRC you can still get the directors' home address from Companies
House for a couple of quid - might be worth sending him a copy direct
to his doorstep !
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Colin Wilson" o.uk
wrote in message
t...
snip

a) causing you costs (how, btw ?)

snip

Higher heating bills I should think!...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
CJB CJB is offline

On Mar 13, 9:50*am, ":Jerry:" wrote:
"Colin Wilson" o.uk
wrote in dual.net...
snip

a) causing you costs (how, btw ?)

snip

Higher heating bills I should think!...

Thank you guys. Actually the costs incurred are renting another flat
whilst my belongings are crated up awaiting the relpacement of the
windows - oh - and higher heating costs. CJB.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 13, 2:22*am, Colin Wilson
o.uk wrote:
I am having trouble with Everest a contract to replace the
windows of my flat.
They are stone-walling me and refusing to reply to letters and
emails. This is actually causing a huge amount of stress and
extra expense.

IANAL (so check wording etc in uk.legal !)

Registered delivery letter to their head office address (IIRC the
owner owns one of the football / rugby clubs in the North West)
pointing out that their inability to provide you with the service for
which they are holding a deposit in a reasonable timescale is;

a) causing you costs (how, btw ?)

Loss of savings interest at 10% or more these days.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 13, 1:10*am, CJB wrote:
I am having trouble with Everest a contract to replace the
windows
of my flat. They are stone-walling me and refusing to reply to
letters
and emails. This is actually causing a huge amount of stress and
extra
expense. Don't Get Done Get Dom is interested - but I need to get the
windows in a.s.a.p. - but I can't get anyone in Everest to display
any
form of interest whatsoever. They also have £1000 deposit of mine.
There customer serivce is appalling. Also does anyone else out there
have any experience of Everest? I'd be interested to hear how they
got
on. Cheers - Chris B.

uk.legal and uk.legal.moderated might offer advice also, but give them
more details of what you actually agreed with everest.

Robert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:10:42 -0700 (PDT), CJB
wrote:

I am having trouble with Everest a contract to replace the
windows
of my flat. They are stone-walling me and refusing to reply to
letters
and emails. This is actually causing a huge amount of stress and
extra
expense. Don't Get Done Get Dom is interested - but I need to get the
windows in a.s.a.p. - but I can't get anyone in Everest to display
any
form of interest whatsoever. They also have £1000 deposit of mine.
There customer serivce is appalling. Also does anyone else out there
have any experience of Everest? I'd be interested to hear how they
got
on. Cheers - Chris B.

Was it you who'd changed their mind half way through the process,
after they'd ordered the windows?
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free
Posted to uk.d-i-y

CJB wrote:
I am having trouble with Everest a contract to replace the
windows
of my flat. They are stone-walling me and refusing to reply to
letters
and emails. This is actually causing a huge amount of stress and
extra
expense. Don't Get Done Get Dom is interested - but I need to get the
windows in a.s.a.p. - but I can't get anyone in Everest to display
any
form of interest whatsoever. They also have £1000 deposit of mine.
There customer serivce is appalling. Also does anyone else out there
have any experience of Everest? I'd be interested to hear how they
got
on. Cheers - Chris B.

You could be suffering as a result of Bowater buying out Everest and
integrating their office systems with Zenith/StayBrite. I've used both
Everest and Zenith and been particularly pleased with service from Everest
and satisfied with Zenith's service.

Harsh recorded delivery letter to Bowater?

Double Glazing Red Devil UK diy 4 January 2nd 08 08:25 PM
Double Glazing - not the best ... CJB UK diy 2 December 23rd 07 12:13 AM
Double Glazing Help SimonW UK diy 7 April 26th 07 01:07 AM
Double glazing boo-boo Selwyn Froggitt UK diy 18 October 2nd 04 10:27 PM
Double Glazing mj UK diy 6 September 2nd 04 01:48 PM