Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pipe "bangs" when dishwasher fill valve closes

There's a loud bang every time my dishwasher fill valve turns off - it's
just a single loud bang (rather than the typical hammering from a dodgy
tap jumper or ball valve) but the valve turns on/off quite a few times
during a wash so it gets annoying and I worry about the possible effect
on pipe joints.
It's annoyed me for well over a year but now I've got the right tuit,
the question is where to start: replace the valve, fit a restrictor, fit
an anti-hammer widget, or ... ?