Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pipe "bangs" when dishwasher fill valve closes

wrote:

There's a loud bang every time my dishwasher fill valve turns off

A fitted one of the anti-hammer devices (sioux chief from toolstation)
immediately after the internal stopcock. Initially it made a lot of
difference to "clangs" both from my washing machine and those coming
from external supply pipe.

Now the occasional clang gets through again, don't know if that means
e.g. some grit is starting to block the piston and it might become less
and less effective over time?