Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default Pipe "bangs" when dishwasher fill valve closes

F news@nowhere wrote in
o.uk:

On 11/03/2016 10:10, wrote:
There's a loud bang every time my dishwasher fill valve turns off - it's
just a single loud bang (rather than the typical hammering from a dodgy
tap jumper or ball valve) but the valve turns on/off quite a few times
during a wash so it gets annoying and I worry about the possible effect
on pipe joints.
It's annoyed me for well over a year but now I've got the right tuit,
the question is where to start: replace the valve, fit a restrictor, fit
an anti-hammer widget, or ... ?

Just over a year? Just over 37 years here!

I fitted a water hammer device and it doesn't work.

I get it if I leave my hose pipe connected to the outside tap with the tap
on and the valve at the far end turned off.