Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Brexit

If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have back our white oil based paint that
doesn't yellow? And can we get rid of that bloody awful and potentially dangerous Edison
Screw system?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 14:28:48 -0700, stvlcnc43 wrote:

If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have back our white oil
based paint that
doesn't yellow? And can we get rid of that bloody awful and
potentially dangerous Edison
Screw system?

And proper Nitromors that behaves like napalm?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote

If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have
back our white oil based paint that doesn't yellow?

And can we get rid of that bloody awful and
potentially dangerous Edison Screw system?

Nope. That was allowed even before the EU was even invented.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:09:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have
back our white oil based paint that doesn't yellow?

And can we get rid of that bloody awful and
potentially dangerous Edison Screw system?

Nope. That was allowed even before the EU was even invented.

The exit will lose all fervour when the populace realises the benefits
& savings of the new 250W max kettle.

AB

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote

If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have
back our white oil based paint that doesn't yellow?

And can we get rid of that bloody awful and
potentially dangerous Edison Screw system?

Nope. That was allowed even before the EU was even invented.

The exit will lose all fervour when the populace realises
the benefits & savings of the new 250W max kettle.

I don't believe it ever had any real fervour except with
a minority who won't be enough to see Britain leave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/09/2015 05:00, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

The exit will lose all fervour when the populace realises the benefits
& savings of the new 250W max kettle.

Does that mean the 600W one I have is illegal?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 26 September 2015 05:00:26 UTC+1, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:09:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have
back our white oil based paint that doesn't yellow?

And can we get rid of that bloody awful and
potentially dangerous Edison Screw system?

Nope. That was allowed even before the EU was even invented.

The exit will lose all fervour when the populace realises the benefits
& savings of the new 250W max kettle.

AB

Drivel.
There's dopes here believes crap like that.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have back our white oil
based paint that
doesn't yellow? And can we get rid of that bloody awful and potentially
dangerous Edison
Screw system?

Only if you can persuade Ikea not to sell it

I know of nowhere else with any noticeable market share that sells them

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:09:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have
back our white oil based paint that doesn't yellow?

And can we get rid of that bloody awful and
potentially dangerous Edison Screw system?

Nope. That was allowed even before the EU was even invented.

The exit will lose all fervour when the populace realises the benefits
& savings of the new 250W max kettle.

AB

Drivel.
There's dopes here believes crap like that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...d-kettles.html

(other newspapers are available)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim..... wrote
in message ...

wrote in message
If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have back our white oil
based paint that
doesn't yellow? And can we get rid of that bloody awful and potentially
dangerous Edison
Screw system?

Only if you can persuade Ikea not to sell it

I know of nowhere else with any noticeable market share that sells them

Then you need to get out more, BAD, most obviously with PAR38s.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
mcp mcp is offline

Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:09:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have
back our white oil based paint that doesn't yellow?

And can we get rid of that bloody awful and
potentially dangerous Edison Screw system?

Nope. That was allowed even before the EU was even invented.

The exit will lose all fervour when the populace realises the benefits
& savings of the new 250W max kettle.

AB

Drivel.
There's dopes here believes crap like that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...d-kettles.html

(other newspapers are available)

The fact that right wing anti-EU newspapers all print the same lies is
not really surprising.

http://www.ecodesign-wp3.eu/documents

There are no EU proposals to restrict the maximum power of hairdryers,
smartphones or kettles (although Apple may be forced to allow users to
replace their batteries).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 00:19:47 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Saturday, 26 September 2015 05:00:26 UTC+1, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:09:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have
back our white oil based paint that doesn't yellow?

And can we get rid of that bloody awful and
potentially dangerous Edison Screw system?

Nope. That was allowed even before the EU was even invented.

The exit will lose all fervour when the populace realises the benefits
& savings of the new 250W max kettle.

AB

Drivel.
There's dopes here believes crap like that.

And if a few years ago you were told you couldn't buy your choice of
bulbs, had to put up with reduced wattage vacuums, innefective paint
and weedkiller, would you have believed it?

Straight bananas are starting to seem like a distinct possibility [
Low height one's that save power and produce a higher safety factor
during harvesting of course].

AB
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:09:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

[...]

Not a chance, you watch.

**** all high end smartphones allow that anymore.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:09:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have
back our white oil based paint that doesn't yellow?

And can we get rid of that bloody awful and
potentially dangerous Edison Screw system?

Nope. That was allowed even before the EU was even invented.

The exit will lose all fervour when the populace realises the benefits
& savings of the new 250W max kettle.

AB

Drivel.
There's dopes here believes crap like that.

And if a few years ago you were told you couldn't buy your choice of
bulbs, had to put up with reduced wattage vacuums, innefective paint
and weedkiller, would you have believed it?

Straight bananas are starting to seem like a distinct possibility

Nope.

[ Low height one's that save power and produce a
higher safety factor during harvesting of course].

No one climbs banana trees to harvest them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 09:24:34 +0100, tim..... wrote:

wrote in message
If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have back our white oil
based paint that doesn't yellow? And can we get rid of that bloody
awful and potentially dangerous Edison Screw system?

Only if you can persuade Ikea not to sell it

I know of nowhere else with any noticeable market share that sells them

B&Q. They sell BC too, but the range is noticeably smaller.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/09/15 10:35, mcp wrote:
There are no EU proposals to restrict the maximum power of hairdryers,
smartphones or kettles

Well Siemens/Bosch hasn't designed a low power kettle yet, so its not
surprising.

--
Global warming is the new Margaret Thatcher. There is no ill in the
world it's not directly responsible for.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have back our white oil
based paint that doesn't yellow?

How odd. Never ever had any white oil paint that didn't yellow. Ever. And
I've been painting things for 50 years.

--
*If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:35:43 +0100, mcp wrote:

Drivel.
There's dopes here believes crap like that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...538/EU-to-ban-

high-energy-hair-dryers-smartphones-and-kettles.html

We'll ignore the fact that we're six months past the date that year-old
article says we can "expect" these regs to be published, according to
"draft studies"

The fact that right wing anti-EU newspapers all print the same lies is
not really surprising.

http://www.ecodesign-wp3.eu/documents

Ooh! That's... the very "study" linked to by the Telegraph article,
too... No denying that.

There are no EU proposals to restrict the maximum power of hairdryers,
smartphones or kettles (although Apple may be forced to allow users to
replace their batteries).

Take your facts and reality somewhere they're wanted...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , The Natural Philosopher
escribió:

Well Siemens/Bosch hasn't designed a low power kettle yet, so its not
surprising.

They'll come out with one that drops into low-power mode when the firmware
detects it's being tested and reverts to power-greedy 3kW mode otherwise.

Not like the Germans to lie about gas emissions, is it? ducks and runs

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I think in the case of ES, they were around a long time before the eu. I
just think its choice. I can still apparently get bc, but how is that any
safer, stick a finger into a live bc socket as a test.

Brian

Email:

wrote in message
If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have back our white oil
based paint that
doesn't yellow? And can we get rid of that bloody awful and potentially
dangerous Edison
Screw system?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:09:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

[...]

If you want to be pedantic, no, some use steps or ladders.

But if that's the case No One harvests banana trees, at least the ones
bearing fruit.

This of course excludes the odd individual transplanting banana trees
for aesthetic reasons, or the odd garden center that may have left it
a little long to bring the stock in.

There again I suppose bananas are straight anyway. With the exception
of the odd genetic deviant it is perfectly clear that when conditions
are right regarding speed of propogation, then bananas are straight .

AB

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/09/15 12:23, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , The Natural Philosopher
escribió:

Well Siemens/Bosch hasn't designed a low power kettle yet, so its not
surprising.

They'll come out with one that drops into low-power mode when the firmware
detects it's being tested and reverts to power-greedy 3kW mode otherwise.

Not like the Germans to lie about gas emissions, is it? ducks and runs

They lie about everything else. Germany's approach to 'green' is to
pretend we are green but make profits anyway for German bosses and
German workers

--
Global warming is the new Margaret Thatcher. There is no ill in the
world it's not directly responsible for.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

New ones come with a switch in them Brian, so the contacts only become
live when there's a bulb present.

Not sure if it's a mandatory requirement - most places seem to stock
them with and without.

En el artículo , Brian Gaff
escribió:

I think in the case of ES, they were around a long time before the eu. I
just think its choice. I can still apparently get bc, but how is that any
safer, stick a finger into a live bc socket as a test.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!
(")_(")

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:09:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have
back our white oil based paint that doesn't yellow?

And can we get rid of that bloody awful and
potentially dangerous Edison Screw system?

Nope. That was allowed even before the EU was even invented.

The exit will lose all fervour when the populace realises the benefits
& savings of the new 250W max kettle.

AB

Drivel.
There's dopes here believes crap like that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...d-kettles.html

(other newspapers are available)

The fact that right wing anti-EU newspapers all print the same lies is
not really surprising.

http://www.ecodesign-wp3.eu/documents

There are no EU proposals to restrict the maximum power of hairdryers,
smartphones or kettles

Only because the numpies who proposed it were shown the error of their ways.

But they DID suggest it

(although Apple may be forced to allow users to
replace their batteries).

Not before time IMHO!

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:09:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

[...]

No one with even half a clue does with bananas.

But do with other stuff like oranges.

But if that's the case No One harvests
banana trees, at least the ones bearing fruit.

Corse they do.

This of course excludes the odd individual transplanting
banana trees for aesthetic reasons,

You don't use a ladder to do that either.

or the odd garden center that may have
left it a little long to bring the stock in.

There again I suppose bananas are straight anyway.

Of course they are, that's why we have hordes of banana benders.

With the exception of the odd genetic deviant it is
perfectly clear that when conditions are right regarding
speed of propogation, then bananas are straight .

Nope, they are queer, actually.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have back our white oil
based paint that
doesn't yellow? And can we get rid of that bloody awful and potentially
dangerous Edison
Screw system?

and real creosote ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have back our white oil
based paint that
doesn't yellow? And can we get rid of that bloody awful and potentially
dangerous Edison
Screw system?

and Gulf leaded no nox petrol .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:09:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

[...]

I read your response with interest, I thank you for your input but I
do get the impression that you may not be intimately aquainted with
bananas and growers.

I would disagree with the hordes of banana benders incidentally.
Banana bending is a highly skilled task and even the most skilled
benders rarely achieve a variation of radius of greater than 3%
without significant discolouration occurring within the following 24
hrs.

This factor and the perception that banana bending does not give the
product a great "added value", ensures that there are not and are
unlikely ever to be "hordes" of banana benders.

AB
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:09:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

[...]

Taint gunna happen. In fact all the high end smartphones
have changed over to non user replaceable batterys now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:09:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

[...]

I am anyway.

I would disagree with the hordes of banana benders incidentally.

You do realise that ours are sikhs ? Can be quite fierce
when aroused. Not the best people to disagree with.

Banana bending is a highly skilled task and even
the most skilled benders rarely achieve a variation
of radius of greater than 3% without significant
discolouration occurring within the following 24 hrs.

Utterly mangled all over again.

This factor and the perception that banana bending does not
give the product a great "added value", ensures that there are
not and are unlikely ever to be "hordes" of banana benders.

There are anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:09:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

[...]

This is an out and out lie!

These are not true banana benders, these so called "banana benders"
are leeches that feed of the skills and reputations of the select few
professionals.

This scum, and I emphasise the word scum, quite literally feed from
the fruits of the reputations of the true banana bender.

The wastage and lack of output would not enable them to survive in any
other industry, but these scumbags divert the product they are
supposed to be working on, to boost their own calorific intake.

AB

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 21:28:31 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

I would disagree with the hordes of banana benders incidentally.
Banana bending is a highly skilled task and even the most skilled
benders rarely achieve a variation of radius of greater than 3%
without significant discolouration occurring within the following 24
hrs.

I take it you are aware that it is possible to slice a banana without
peeling it?

?????????????????

I fail to see your point.

It is possible to slice the banana, yes. Then to affect the curvature
another slice would be needed. This "wedge" would then need to be
removed from the main mass of the banana. This last bit would be
difficut and I'm not aware of a process that would allow this.

AB
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:09:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

[...]

I warned you about sikhs. Its curtains for you now. Bye...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:09:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have
back our white oil based paint that doesn't yellow?

And can we get rid of that bloody awful and
potentially dangerous Edison Screw system?

Nope. That was allowed even before the EU was even invented.

The exit will lose all fervour when the populace realises the benefits
& savings of the new 250W max kettle.

AB

Drivel.
There's dopes here believes crap like that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...d-kettles.html

(other newspapers are available)

tim

Any one who wasn't ****-fer-brains would realise that a higher wattage will use less power overall because there are less losses because the process is quicker.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Saturday, 26 September 2015 05:00:26 UTC+1, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:09:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have
back our white oil based paint that doesn't yellow?

And can we get rid of that bloody awful and
potentially dangerous Edison Screw system?

Nope. That was allowed even before the EU was even invented.

The exit will lose all fervour when the populace realises the benefits
& savings of the new 250W max kettle.

AB

Drivel.
There's dopes here believes crap like that.

And if a few years ago you were told you couldn't buy your choice of
bulbs, had to put up with reduced wattage vacuums, innefective paint
and weedkiller, would you have believed it?

Straight bananas are starting to seem like a distinct possibility [
Low height one's that save power and produce a higher safety factor
during harvesting of course].

AB

I see you,re one of the ****-fer-brains.
As all electric heating appliances are 100% efficient, it's pointless reducing wattages.
Overall, more power is used due to longer working times.

However, for non-heating electrical applications there's scope for new/better technology that is more efficient.
Which is what all this is about.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 26 September 2015 09:24:38 UTC+1, tim..... wrote:
wrote in message
If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have back our white oil
based paint that
doesn't yellow? And can we get rid of that bloody awful and potentially
dangerous Edison
Screw system?

Only if you can persuade Ikea not to sell it

I know of nowhere else with any noticeable market share that sells them

tim

B&Q for one.
They're pretty common.