Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Brexit

On Saturday, 26 September 2015 10:36:03 UTC+1, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 00:19:47 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Saturday, 26 September 2015 05:00:26 UTC+1, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:09:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have
back our white oil based paint that doesn't yellow?

And can we get rid of that bloody awful and
potentially dangerous Edison Screw system?

Nope. That was allowed even before the EU was even invented.

The exit will lose all fervour when the populace realises the benefits
& savings of the new 250W max kettle.

AB

Drivel.
There's dopes here believes crap like that.

And if a few years ago you were told you couldn't buy your choice of
bulbs, had to put up with reduced wattage vacuums, innefective paint
and weedkiller, would you have believed it?

Straight bananas are starting to seem like a distinct possibility [
Low height one's that save power and produce a higher safety factor
during harvesting of course].

AB

I see you,re one of the ****-fer-brains.
As all electric heating appliances are 100% efficient, it's pointless reducing wattages.
Overall, more power is used due to longer working times.

However, for non-heating electrical applications there's scope for new/better technology that is more efficient.
Which is what all this is about.