Posted to uk.d-i-y
mcp mcp is offline

Default Brexit

On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 09:26:12 +0100, "tim....."
wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
On Saturday, 26 September 2015 05:00:26 UTC+1, Archibald Tarquin
Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:09:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote

If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have
back our white oil based paint that doesn't yellow?

And can we get rid of that bloody awful and
potentially dangerous Edison Screw system?

Nope. That was allowed even before the EU was even invented.

The exit will lose all fervour when the populace realises the benefits
& savings of the new 250W max kettle.

AB

Drivel.
There's dopes here believes crap like that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...d-kettles.html

(other newspapers are available)

The fact that right wing anti-EU newspapers all print the same lies is
not really surprising.

http://www.ecodesign-wp3.eu/documents

There are no EU proposals to restrict the maximum power of hairdryers,
smartphones or kettles (although Apple may be forced to allow users to
replace their batteries).