Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shower head - why, why, why? :-)

Clean the bath using the shower head.

Give the shower head a good shaking to dispell the water in it.

Reach up to put shower head onto its hook, and water runs out
down one's arm.

Why?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Clean the bath using the shower head.

Give the shower head a good shaking to dispell the water in it.

Reach up to put shower head onto its hook, and water runs out
down one's arm.

Why?

Because of the way you are holding the shower head. Try holding it from
above, any water remaining in it will then drip harmlessly into the bath and
not run down your arm...

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

After a week of not being used, all holes then block up with lime scale and
the rose has to be taken apart and a needle used to clean it all out, then
when you have the next shower, the cycle repeats, ie water down the arm.
I think its for some a challenge to be sure the shower is fitted in the
way most inconvenient to use as well. All sharp edges must impact the body
using it in sensitive areas if possible too of course.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"gareth" wrote in message
Clean the bath using the shower head.

Give the shower head a good shaking to dispell the water in it.

Reach up to put shower head onto its hook, and water runs out
down one's arm.

Why?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

gareth wrote:
Clean the bath using the shower head.

Give the shower head a good shaking to dispell the water in it.

Reach up to put shower head onto its hook, and water runs out
down one's arm.

Why?

I've noticed something similar. If I go in the bathroom sometime after
the missus has had a shower (and left the place soaking wet), I
generally dry around the bath, and open the plunger on our mixer tap
that switches it from tap to shower to let the water drain out - I
imagine that this will stop the shower head scaling up. When I do this,
lots of water comes out of the tap - no surprise - but a lot also comes
out of the head, dripping all over the mixer tap that I've just dried.
I've no idea why - there seems to be nothing inside it that would cause
this - but I'm sure it's related to what you are seeing.

And yes, I'm probably am a bit obsessive about keeping the bath area dry
whenever it's not in use :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 21 May 2015 14:09:35 +0100, gareth wrote:

Clean the bath using the shower head.

Give the shower head a good shaking to dispell the water in it.

Reach up to put shower head onto its hook, and water runs out
down one's arm.

Why?

Water held in U of shower hose when cleaning bath.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian-Gaff" wrote in message
After a week of not being used, all holes then block up with lime scale
and the rose has to be taken apart and a needle used to clean it all out,
then when you have the next shower, the cycle repeats, ie water down the
arm.
I think its for some a challenge to be sure the shower is fitted in the
way most inconvenient to use as well. All sharp edges must impact the body
using it in sensitive areas if possible too of course.
Brian

No problems with lime scale in the superior North Brian.
But then again Northerners do shower more than once per week.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message

"Brian-Gaff" wrote in message
After a week of not being used, all holes then block up with lime scale
and the rose has to be taken apart and a needle used to clean it all
out, then when you have the next shower, the cycle repeats, ie water down
the arm.
I think its for some a challenge to be sure the shower is fitted in the
way most inconvenient to use as well. All sharp edges must impact the
body using it in sensitive areas if possible too of course.
Brian

No problems with lime scale in the superior North Brian.
But then again Northerners do shower more than once per week.

No problem with my shower head which has little rubber nipples on each hole.

all you do is give the nipple a tweak (ooh err missus!) and it's clear

tim

Shower head Muddymike[_2_] UK diy 7 August 16th 13 03:12 PM
shower head Doug[_14_] Home Repair 27 February 5th 12 07:29 PM
LED Shower head Steven Campbell[_4_] UK diy 11 October 13th 10 11:19 PM
Jado multi purpose shower head problem- could apply to allmultipurpose shower heads KOS Home Repair 2 December 25th 09 10:15 PM
Shower pump for can type shower head. steve UK diy 3 January 16th 04 11:38 AM