Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED Shower head

Anyone installed a shower head with LED's?
Just wondering if the LED's actually lasted. I know its a bit of a gimmick
but the wife and kids want this kind of shower head in the new refit.
I'm not that keen if the LED's only last a short while.
I emailed the store and was advised the LED's would be guaranteed for a year
but have a 30 000 hours life span.
Does that sound about right?

http://www.bathempire.com/12-led-squ...m_p4030328.htm

Thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Steven Campbell"
saying something like:

I emailed the store and was advised the LED's would be guaranteed for a year
but have a 30 000 hours life span.
Does that sound about right?

It sounds about right for the LEDs to die after 13 months.
My experience of LEDs on kettles (another use of pointless gimmickery)
is not good - there, they didn't last but three months.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steven Campbell" gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

Anyone installed a shower head with LED's? Just wondering if the LED's
actually lasted.

I predict they'll last longer than the novelty value.

It's not just the LEDs, of course - they're "powered from the water
pressure" - so there's a whole raft of unnecessary ******** in there to
go wrong.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian wrote:
"Steven gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

Anyone installed a shower head with LED's? Just wondering if the LED's
actually lasted.

I predict they'll last longer than the novelty value.

It's not just the LEDs, of course - they're "powered from the water
pressure" - so there's a whole raft of unnecessary ******** in there to
go wrong.

I'd assumed it would just be a 12v supply, but you're right, it won't be
annoying having a turbine whirring away overhead will it? Oh no!

And from the video I see they change colour too, how tacky. O/P should
talk the family out of it ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
Adrian wrote:
"Steven gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

Anyone installed a shower head with LED's? Just wondering if the LED's
actually lasted.

I predict they'll last longer than the novelty value.

It's not just the LEDs, of course - they're "powered from the water
pressure" - so there's a whole raft of unnecessary ******** in there to
go wrong.

I'd assumed it would just be a 12v supply, but you're right, it won't be
annoying having a turbine whirring away overhead will it? Oh no!

And from the video I see they change colour too, how tacky. O/P should
talk the family out of it ...

Yeah that is probably the best idea, I'm working on them.
Colour and changing colour though wouldn't bother me as its not as if any
guests are going to see that. It would purely be the family and
unfortunately they are keen on it (

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/10/2010 22:53, Steven Campbell wrote:
"Andy wrote in message
o.uk...
Adrian wrote:
[...]

Just tell them that high brightness LEDs are bad for the eyes because of
the focused light, being dazzled in a wet area isn't a bright idea( no
pun intended )

This ploy worked worked for me'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steven Campbell wrote:
Anyone installed a shower head with LED's?
Just wondering if the LED's actually lasted. I know its a bit of a
gimmick but the wife and kids want this kind of shower head in the
new refit. I'm not that keen if the LED's only last a short while.
I emailed the store and was advised the LED's would be guaranteed for
a year but have a 30 000 hours life span.
Does that sound about right?

http://www.bathempire.com/12-led-squ...m_p4030328.htm

Thanks.

Mate of mine has a cheaper version in his bachelor pad. He's had it for
about two years, showers daily and it's still going strong - dunno if that
helps or hinders your decision :-)
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/level5/mo...cpc/549678.xml

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13 Oct, 16:40, dave wrote:
On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 10:31:01 +0100, "Pete Zahut" wrote:
Steven Campbell wrote:
Anyone installed a shower head with LED's?
Just wondering if the LED's actually lasted. I know its a bit of a
gimmick but the wife and kids want this kind of shower head in the
new refit. I'm not that keen if the LED's only last a short while.
I emailed the store and was advised the LED's would be guaranteed for
a year but have a 30 000 hours life span.
Does that sound about right?

http://www.bathempire.com/12-led-squ...m_p4030328.htm

Thanks.

Mate of mine has a cheaper version in his bachelor pad. He's had it for
about two years, showers daily and it's still going strong - dunno if that
helps or hinders your decision *:-)
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/level5/mo...cpc/549678.xml

They're only £139.99 too :-)
You could try saying there's a radiation risk - well...

Yes the LEDs themselves will outlive everything, but it's the
connection to them and the generator which will only last 13 months.
I notice for instance that it's the hot/cold cycle that makes the LED
in my kettle erratic - first boil it's fine, but top the kettle up and
switch on again and the LED just isn't there. It's a Brevel - and
did start doing this at 13 months.

By the way another ploy to try to put them off is that the generator
to run the LEDs will take so much power out of the water that the
shower will be pathetic.

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Steven Campbell" writes:
Anyone installed a shower head with LED's?
Just wondering if the LED's actually lasted. I know its a bit of a gimmick
but the wife and kids want this kind of shower head in the new refit.
I'm not that keen if the LED's only last a short while.
I emailed the store and was advised the LED's would be guaranteed for a year
but have a 30 000 hours life span.
Does that sound about right?

http://www.bathempire.com/12-led-squ...m_p4030328.htm

Looks like the sort of lighting you get in some public areas so
druggies can't find a vein, and go somewhere else to shoot up.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steven Campbell wrote:
Anyone installed a shower head with LED's? Just wondering if the LED's
actually lasted. I know its a bit of a gimmick but the wife and kids
want this kind of shower head in the new refit. I'm not that keen if
the LED's only last a short while. I emailed the store and was advised
the LED's would be guaranteed for a year but have a 30 000 hours life
span. Does that sound about right?

http://www.bathempire.com/12-led-squ...m_p4030328.htm

Thanks.

Mate of mine has a cheaper version in his bachelor pad. He's had it for
about two years, showers daily and it's still going strong - dunno if
that helps or hinders your decision :-)
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/level5/mo...cpc/549678.xml

They're only £139.99 too :-)
You could try saying there's a radiation risk - well...

The CPC one is only 45 quid!

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steven Campbell wrote:
Anyone installed a shower head with LED's?
Just wondering if the LED's actually lasted. I know its a bit of a
gimmick but the wife and kids want this kind of shower head in the
new refit. I'm not that keen if the LED's only last a short while.
I emailed the store and was advised the LED's would be guaranteed for
a year but have a 30 000 hours life span.
Does that sound about right?

http://www.bathempire.com/12-led-squ...m_p4030328.htm

Thanks.

Mate of mine has a cheaper version in his bachelor pad. He's had it for
about two years, showers daily and it's still going strong - dunno if that
helps or hinders your decision :-)
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/level5/mo...cpc/549678.xml

They're only £139.99 too :-)
You could try saying there's a radiation risk - well...

Hey that is cheap. The first one they looked at was £419 (
http://www.bathstore.com/_applicatio...00mm-1675.html