Posted to uk.d-i-y
Etaoin Shrdlu[_4_] Etaoin Shrdlu[_4_] is offline

Default Shower head - why, why, why? :-)

gareth wrote:
Clean the bath using the shower head.

Give the shower head a good shaking to dispell the water in it.

Reach up to put shower head onto its hook, and water runs out
down one's arm.

Why?

I've noticed something similar. If I go in the bathroom sometime after
the missus has had a shower (and left the place soaking wet), I
generally dry around the bath, and open the plunger on our mixer tap
that switches it from tap to shower to let the water drain out - I
imagine that this will stop the shower head scaling up. When I do this,
lots of water comes out of the tap - no surprise - but a lot also comes
out of the head, dripping all over the mixer tap that I've just dried.
I've no idea why - there seems to be nothing inside it that would cause
this - but I'm sure it's related to what you are seeing.

And yes, I'm probably am a bit obsessive about keeping the bath area dry
whenever it's not in use :-)