Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Myson part required

We have Myson LST radiators in part of the house and two of them have the
same problem. The plastic housing for the remote bellows that operate the
TRV have broken on both.

See image
https://www.dropbox.com/s/me42do1kde...0part.jpg?dl=0

Any ideas where I can get a replacement. Myson have not bothered replying to
emails I have sent them asking if they have a parts stockist, and Google
throws up so much crap that its like looking for a needle in a haystack
among the search results.

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

We have Myson LST radiators in part of the house and two of them have the
same problem. The plastic housing for the remote bellows that operate the
TRV have broken on both.

See image
https://www.dropbox.com/s/me42do1kde...0part.jpg?dl=0

Any ideas where I can get a replacement. Myson have not bothered replying
to emails I have sent them asking if they have a parts stockist, and Google
throws up so much crap that its like looking for a needle in a haystack
among the search results.

Mike

Myson eventually replied after a second email. Of course they don't sell the
part I need, only a full kit. Quoted £63 plus VAT by local merchant!

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
We have Myson LST radiators in part of the house and two of them have the
same problem. The plastic housing for the remote bellows that operate the
TRV have broken on both.

See image
https://www.dropbox.com/s/me42do1kde...0part.jpg?dl=0

Any ideas where I can get a replacement. Myson have not bothered replying
to emails I have sent them asking if they have a parts stockist, and
Google throws up so much crap that its like looking for a needle in a
haystack among the search results.

Mike

Myson eventually replied after a second email. Of course they don't sell
the part I need, only a full kit. Quoted £63 plus VAT by local merchant!

Mike

http://www.myson.co.uk/products/ther...tor_valves.asp

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Muddymike" wrote in message
news:UeWdnSXOOb10R9XInZ2dnUVZ7qydnZ2d@brightview. com...
We have Myson LST radiators in part of the house and two of them have the
same problem. The plastic housing for the remote bellows that operate the
TRV have broken on both.

See image
https://www.dropbox.com/s/me42do1kde...0part.jpg?dl=0

Any ideas where I can get a replacement. Myson have not bothered replying
to emails I have sent them asking if they have a parts stockist, and
Google throws up so much crap that its like looking for a needle in a
haystack among the search results.

Mike

Myson eventually replied after a second email. Of course they don't sell
the part I need, only a full kit. Quoted £63 plus VAT by local merchant!

Mike

http://www.myson.co.uk/products/ther...tor_valves.asp

How is that supposed to help me?

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...

"Muddymike" wrote in message
[...]

Myson remote operatingTRVs are depicted.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Muddymike" wrote in message
news:cqOdnVF4vrF6WdTInZ2dnUVZ8g2dnZ2d@brightview. com...

"Muddymike" wrote in message
[...]

It doesn't help because it doesn't show what I need, and seeing what they
look like won't make the £63 plus VAT any more tolerable.

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...

"Muddymike" wrote in message
[...]

Hard to tell from your post/pix exactly what you need.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:

Myson remote operatingTRVs are depicted.

It doesn't help because it doesn't show what I need

Looks like the full item (rather than just the replacement plastic) is
2TRVADJHEAD, available for £44 rather than £75 here ...

http://www.supremeplumb.com/cgi-bin/DMdatabase.cgi?action=/Shop/Radiator_Valves/Myson_Radiator_Valves.txt&item=00007

I hope you have better luck than I did from PTS on Myson valves (all the
wheelhead vales arrived filthy, they tried to order replacement plastic
caps, eventually realised they couldn't get them, delivered a second set
of complete vales, also filthy, transferred a third set from a different
branch which were finally acceptable).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:

Myson remote operatingTRVs are depicted.

It doesn't help because it doesn't show what I need

Looks like the full item (rather than just the replacement plastic) is
2TRVADJHEAD, available for £44 rather than £75 here ...

http://www.supremeplumb.com/cgi-bin/DMdatabase.cgi?action=/Shop/Radiator_Valves/Myson_Radiator_Valves.txt&item=00007

I hope you have better luck than I did from PTS on Myson valves (all the
wheelhead vales arrived filthy, they tried to order replacement plastic
caps, eventually realised they couldn't get them, delivered a second set of
complete vales, also filthy, transferred a third set from a different
branch which were finally acceptable).

Thanks for the link Andy but I cant find the part I need on there, part
number 2 TRV LST CAP is what I need.

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:

Thanks for the link Andy but I cant find the part I need on there

I thought you'd given up and accepted you needed to buy a new item,
rather than a replacement part

part number 2 TRV LST CAP is what I need.

Doesn't seem to exist in the tech info

http://www.myson.co.uk/static_files/my/media/downloads/TRV2Way_technical_information(3).pdf

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:

Thanks for the link Andy but I cant find the part I need on there

I thought you'd given up and accepted you needed to buy a new item, rather
than a replacement part

part number 2 TRV LST CAP is what I need.

Doesn't seem to exist in the tech info

http://www.myson.co.uk/static_files/my/media/downloads/TRV2Way_technical_information(3).pdf

It does exist, Myson sent me a parts list with details of it.

See https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmy95kan58...Myson.png?dl=0

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Muddymike wrote:

part number 2 TRV LST CAP is what I need.

Doesn't seem to exist in the tech info

It does exist, Myson sent me a parts list with details of it.

See https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmy95kan58...Myson.png?dl=0

OK, I just happened across that part number in another of their tech
docs, maybe you'd be more likely to find someone stocking the spare part
if they also happened to sell the CCKT (close couple kit) for low
surface temperature radiators ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Muddymike wrote:

part number 2 TRV LST CAP is what I need.

Doesn't seem to exist in the tech info

It does exist, Myson sent me a parts list with details of it.

See https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmy95kan58...Myson.png?dl=0

OK, I just happened across that part number in another of their tech docs,
maybe you'd be more likely to find someone stocking the spare part if they
also happened to sell the CCKT (close couple kit) for low surface
temperature radiators ...

I can order the part via my local merchant, its the price they quoted that
has me looking again, £63 + VAT. Its not mission critical so I'm holding off
waiting for a plumber pal to come back to me. He remembers removing some and
should have a good used part in his lock up, but it could take months for
him to find it!

Mike