Neil Bailey

Default Myson Apollo Fanfare 15/30 Help required please

Hi

My boiler, a Myson Apollo Fanfare 15/30 has stopped working. i found
that the boiler had stopped and tripped the MCB. If i try to reset the
MCB it immediately trips again..

I have stripped the boiler down and a quick visual inspection reveals
no obvious problem. I checked the fan which i have had problems with
in the past and it seems ok. Are there any common faults i should be
aware of and be looking for with this boiler?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Neil
raden

In message , Neil Bailey
writes
Hi

My boiler, a Myson Apollo Fanfare 15/30 has stopped working. i found
that the boiler had stopped and tripped the MCB. If i try to reset the
MCB it immediately trips again..

I have stripped the boiler down and a quick visual inspection reveals
no obvious problem. I checked the fan which i have had problems with
in the past and it seems ok. Are there any common faults i should be
aware of and be looking for with this boiler?

Either water damage (inspected, you say) or the pump are the most likely
contenders

If you are competent to do so, have you run the fan directly off the
mains?

The boiler goes through an ignition sequence (demand, fan on, APS
switches over, pilot and spark, flame sensed main valve on).
You might be wise to determine at what point the boiler crashes if you
need further advice.

--
geoff
Neil Bailey

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:50:58 GMT, raden wrote:

[...]

Hi thanks for reply. There are no signs of water damage. Haven't had
much time to investigate the problem yet What I checked so far is the
MCB trips instantly mains is applied. I've disconnected the fan which
has no effect - the MCB trips straight away ( I know the vacuum switch
would hold everything off but just wanted to check it wasn't the fan
causing the problem). It also does this whatever the boiler stat is
set to. (high, low or off)

My next step is to check out both pumps, but with the fault occurring
instantly i'm concerned that it's some part of the control circuitry
as i assume this is powered up all the time and should sense when
ignition is required.

Thanks again,
Neil
Ed Sirett

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 00:38:00 +0100, Neil Bailey wrote:

[...]

IME when you have a trip/blow electric problem with the heating the pump
is guilty until proven innocent.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

raden

In message , Neil Bailey
writes
On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:50:58 GMT, raden wrote:

My next step is to check out both pumps, but with the fault occurring
instantly i'm concerned that it's some part of the control circuitry
as i assume this is powered up all the time and should sense when
ignition is required.

No, the sequence board is only powered up when called upon to provide
heat

Go for the pumps first

--
geoff

Neil Bailey

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 22:39:16 GMT, raden wrote:

In message , Neil Bailey
writes
On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:50:58 GMT, raden wrote:

My next step is to check out both pumps, but with the fault occurring
instantly i'm concerned that it's some part of the control circuitry
as i assume this is powered up all the time and should sense when
ignition is required.

No, the sequence board is only powered up when called upon to provide
heat

Go for the pumps first

Thanks very much to the both of you! It was indeed the pump in the
boiler circuit. I broke the circuits down and tested each individually
until i found the faulty component. The pump has no physical signs of
damage although the unit smells as if the insulation on the motor
windings has been rather hot and broken down!

Anyway all is well again now that i've replaced the pump. Once again
thanks for your help.

Regards,
Neil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Neil Bailey, vino wrote:
hi Niel,
I too facing the same problem once its start the boiler and work minimum 10
minutes and its trip off my MCB .will guide me what exactly you done that
time.Its Apollo 15/30 Myson boiler.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...se-102571-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 05 Oct 2017 20:14:03 GMT
vino m wrote:

replying to Neil Bailey, vino wrote:
hi Niel,
I too facing the same problem once its start the boiler and work
minimum 10 minutes and its trip off my MCB .will guide me what
exactly you done that time.Its Apollo 15/30 Myson boiler.

This was posted in 2004, and in fact Neil relates how he fixed it.

Why are you replying to a post that is 13 years old?

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/10/2017 01:02, Davey wrote:
On Thu, 05 Oct 2017 20:14:03 GMT
vino m wrote:

replying to Neil Bailey, vino wrote:
hi Niel,
I too facing the same problem once its start the boiler and work
minimum 10 minutes and its trip off my MCB .will guide me what
exactly you done that time.Its Apollo 15/30 Myson boiler.

This was posted in 2004, and in fact Neil relates how he fixed it.

Why are you replying to a post that is 13 years old?

It's because homeownershub users ONLY see the original decade old
question and non of the replies.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Because of that bloody stupid interface at home owners club thingy that
seems incapable of sorting messages by year never mind anything more
sensible. That shower who wrote this interface really need to get themselves
clued up.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Davey" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 05 Oct 2017 20:14:03 GMT
vino m wrote:

replying to Neil Bailey, vino wrote:
hi Niel,
I too facing the same problem once its start the boiler and work
minimum 10 minutes and its trip off my MCB .will guide me what
exactly you done that time.Its Apollo 15/30 Myson boiler.

This was posted in 2004, and in fact Neil relates how he fixed it.

Why are you replying to a post that is 13 years old?

--
Davey.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/10/2017 07:44, Brian Gaff wrote:
Because of that bloody stupid interface at home owners club thingy that
seems incapable of sorting messages by year never mind anything more
sensible. That shower who wrote this interface really need to get themselves
clued up.

They are clued up. The aim of the home owners hub is not to provide a
service to the great unwashed on the internet but to provide a service
to their advertisers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 06/10/2017 07:44, Brian Gaff wrote:
Because of that bloody stupid interface at home owners club thingy that
seems incapable of sorting messages by year never mind anything more
sensible. That shower who wrote this interface really need to get
themselves
clued up.

They are clued up. The aim of the home owners hub is not to provide a
service to the great unwashed on the internet but to provide a service to
their advertisers.

You dont know that, or that they arent just using advertisers to cover some
of their costs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

vino m wrote:

replying to Neil Bailey, vino wrote:
hi Niel,
I too facing the same problem once its start the boiler and work
minimum 10 minutes and its trip off my MCB .will guide me what
exactly you done that time.Its Apollo 15/30 Myson boiler.

This was posted in 2004, and in fact Neil relates how he fixed it.

Why are you replying to a post that is 13 years old?

It's because homeownershub users ONLY see the original decade old
question and non of the replies.

Don't they see any kind of date of the OP?

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/10/2017 12:26, Davey wrote:
On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 01:08:57 +0100
alan_m wrote:

On 06/10/2017 01:02, Davey wrote:

It's because homeownershub users ONLY see the original decade old
question and non of the replies.

Don't they see any kind of date of the OP?

It's on the screen, but apparently they don't see it.

Andy