Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default cannon coalridge bf gas fire

Hello
I'm new to the forum so please be kind.
I've got one of the above gas fires which has been great, over time it was taking longer and longer to start so the pilot light would come on but when you released the knob it would go out, but would eventually start.
I was getting a new boiler fitted and showed this to the fitters, he told me the thermocouple was gone, so he ordered a new one which cost 80 the person that took it of was a older guy, the fire held a perfect flame. The person that fitted the new one was younger and really struggled to fit it took him over an hour he kept undoing nuts and redoing them and scratching his head and then started banging the items to try and make them fit back again, still after all this he could not get the pilot light lit after arguing with him he persisted for another half hour and now the pilot light is on the fire fires up but the flames go all over the place and are way to big, so he basically turned round and said your fire is knacked and capped it, would could be wrong as I think he has just basically has missed something or moved something
Thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
writes:
[...]

Sorry, but you'll need to get someone back who knows what they're doing -
the younger guy obviously didn't.

He shouldn't have needed to mess with the main burner rate setting (if it
even has one). Maybe he didn't put the coals back in the right pattern?
That should be given in the installation and servicing instructions.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Oxy pilot you say, could it be that he has moved this out of alignment as the fire burned perfectly before, also he did not move the coals as the thermocouple fits from the outside of the unit, maybe a good service is needed
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Buggered oxy pilot you say, could it be that this has been moved accidently or not fitted bck properly, what does this part do other than supply oxygen to the pilot as my unit looks like it getting to much gas as flames are big and burning orange
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote

Oxy pilot you say, could it be that he has moved
this out of alignment as the fire burned perfectly
before, also he did not move the coals as the
thermocouple fits from the outside of the unit,
maybe a good service is needed

That last is unlikely given that it worked fine before he ****ed it up.

Make the organisation that employs him fix what he ****ed up.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

You are absolutely right I've rang his manager he said he will look into it on Monday also since found out that as part of fitting the boiler they told me that they would only charge me for the part on the fire and fit it for free, they charged me 78 for the part rang the place they bought it from as they left the packaging and it cost 37.78 inc vat, what a bunch of bananas, so will rip the manager even further on monday
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to wasimashiq , sparkydoo wrote:
wasimashiq wrote:

You are absolutely right I've rang his manager he said he will look into

it
on Monday also since found out that as part of fitting the boiler they

tol
d me that they would only charge me for the part on the fire and fit it

for
free, they charged me 78 for the part rang the place they bought it from

s they left the packaging and it cost 37.78 inc vat, what a bunch of

banana
s, so will rip the manager even further on monday

Hi there!
I'm sure your problem has now been resolved.
However, you may be able to help me!! You mention that you have the
installers instructions for your Cannon Coalridge gas fire.
Can you let me know if you still have this please?
Would you be willing to send me a copy of your installers
instructions.............or anyone else reading this.

Many thanks from

sparkydoo

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to sparkydoo, ANTHONY TURNER wrote:
Hi Sparkydoo, I've just seen your request for the Installers Instructions.
Should you be lucky and get a copy, could you please forward me a copy?
Many thanks
Tony T.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1003958-.htm

DIY 45 foot cannon azotic[_4_] Metalworking 6 February 18th 14 01:35 PM
O2 cyliner cannon Steve B[_13_] Metalworking 4 September 20th 12 06:45 PM
Mini Cannon [email protected] Metalworking 19 August 22nd 10 12:02 AM
Cannon sights?? steamer Metalworking 9 March 23rd 08 04:33 AM
Gas Fire - Fire basket and gas engine or just a simple Valor gas fire? Farouq UK diy 2 March 6th 06 11:04 PM