#2   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster

Default cannon coalridge bf gas fire

In article ,
writes:
Hello
I'm new to the forum so please be kind.
I've got one of the above gas fires which has been great, over time it was taking longer and longer to start so the pilot light would come on but when you released the knob it would go out, but would eventually start.
I was getting a new boiler fitted and showed this to the fitters, he told me the thermocouple was gone, so he ordered a new one which cost 80 the person that took it of was a older guy, the fire held a perfect flame. The person that fitted the new one was younger and really struggled to fit it took him over an hour he kept undoing nuts and redoing them and scratching his head and then started banging the items to try and make them fit back again, still after all this he could not get the pilot light lit after arguing with him he persisted for another half hour and now the pilot light is on the fire fires up but the flames go all over the place and are way to big, so he basically turned round and said your fire is knacked and capped it, would could be wrong as I think he has just basically has missed something or moved something

Sorry, but you'll need to get someone back who knows what they're doing -
the younger guy obviously didn't.

He shouldn't have needed to mess with the main burner rate setting (if it
even has one). Maybe he didn't put the coals back in the right pattern?
That should be given in the installation and servicing instructions.

--
Andrew Gabriel
[email address is not usable -- followup in the newsgroup]