Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Info only regarding Utility bills

Just thought I would pass on my achievements in trying to cut down on my
gas/elec bills over the last couple of years. Its a 4 bed house and
occupied 24/7.
3 years ago our bills were approx £1500 for the year
This year by end of Nov will be approx £1241
And next year will be approx £1073
I have also to receive £100 for staying 12 months with current supplier
which effectively will take me down to £973 and then for the first time
should receive my over 60s payment of £200 taking me to £773.
So despite all the price increases I have managed to almost halve my
bills, ok with some government help.
Another factor that I have been monitoring this last week which my
coming year is forecast on is turning the heating (gas) off at 10.30 pm
and it doesnt come back on until 5.00pm the following day, an hour
before my wife comes home, I use a small room during the day and just
use a 400W electric heater which has proved to be substantially more
cost efficient and warmer than running the gas heating all day.

Ok I know there a bucket load of variables as the year goes on but still
I am quite pleased on the progress made. I also have the option to
change suppliers which could knock another £137 off my forecast for the
coming year.
I just though I would mention it as my wife doesnt compliment me on the
extra cash she now has for more handbags and shoes and whatever other
crap she buys.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss scribbled...

I just though I would mention it as my wife doesnt compliment me on the
extra cash she now has for more handbags and shoes and whatever other
crap she buys.

She works. Do you take the lot off her and only allow pocket money?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ss" wrote in message
[...]

Time to look at some technology now?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 18/11/2013 01:25, Artic wrote:
ss scribbled...

I just though I would mention it as my wife doesnt compliment me on the
extra cash she now has for more handbags and shoes and whatever other
crap she buys.

She works. Do you take the lot off her and only allow pocket money?

I wish...she gives me an allowance to run the house and what I dont
spend goes back to her. Only reason she works is because this bloody
government extended her retirement date.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , ss
scribeth thus
[...]

She's female .. they don't have a logic brain;(...

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 17 Nov 2013 20:49:46 +0000, ss wrote:

I just though I would mention it as my wife doesnt compliment me on the
extra cash she now has for more handbags and shoes and whatever other
crap she buys.

One has to wonder what the point is. Any money one saves is automatically
regarded by one's missus as a 'windfall' to be spunked on whatever old
**** takes her fancy at the time - usually shoes as you say. So the best
way to cut down on waste is to avoid saving money in the first place.

Would You like to Learn How to Reduce your Utility Bills in possiblyHalf or more UDARRELL Home Repair 7 May 22nd 09 04:06 AM
The utility of the overall uniforms is also very important. Overalluniforms increase in utility by the addition of pockets. Check out how manypockets will be suitable for your workers' uniforms. The trouser will have twoside pockets and one back pock [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 April 19th 08 11:18 AM
Utility bills Terry Home Repair 1 February 22nd 07 06:37 PM
utility bills, help lavendula Home Ownership 18 January 11th 07 11:38 PM
Like to lower your Air Conditioning Utility Bills? udarrell Home Repair 7 May 16th 05 12:40 AM