Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default Info only regarding Utility bills

"ss" wrote in message
Just thought I would pass on my achievements in trying to cut down on my
gas/elec bills over the last couple of years. Its a 4 bed house and
occupied 24/7.
3 years ago our bills were approx £1500 for the year
This year by end of Nov will be approx £1241
And next year will be approx £1073
I have also to receive £100 for staying 12 months with current supplier
which effectively will take me down to £973 and then for the first time
should receive my over 60s payment of £200 taking me to £773.
So despite all the price increases I have managed to almost halve my
bills, ok with some government help.
Another factor that I have been monitoring this last week which my coming
year is forecast on is turning the heating (gas) off at 10.30 pm and it
doesnt come back on until 5.00pm the following day, an hour before my wife
comes home, I use a small room during the day and just use a 400W electric
heater which has proved to be substantially more cost efficient and warmer
than running the gas heating all day.

Ok I know there a bucket load of variables as the year goes on but still I
am quite pleased on the progress made. I also have the option to change
suppliers which could knock another £137 off my forecast for the coming
year.
I just though I would mention it as my wife doesnt compliment me on the
extra cash she now has for more handbags and shoes and whatever other crap
she buys.

Time to look at some technology now?