Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - saw my first solar farm

An enormous array of solar panels in a field.

Around 52.352486,1.473284 although Google Maps still shows just a field.

I was a little surprised as it is in pretty good farm land and I thought
they weren't supposed to use that.

Still, money talks.

Cheers

Dave R
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David.WE.Roberts" wrote in message

An enormous array of solar panels in a field.

Around 52.352486,1.473284 although Google Maps still shows just a field.

I was a little surprised as it is in pretty good farm land and I thought
they weren't supposed to use that.

Still, money talks.

Cheers

Dave R

Obviously more profitable milking the population...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Hogg wrote:

There's one being completed a few miles from us, a mile or so SE of
Hayle in West Cornwall. It's roughly at the junction of Wheal Alfred
Road and Drannack Mill Lane, Google Maps 50.177, -5.388. A
south-facing slope, perfectly good farmland AFAIK. Google Maps shows
the field being harvested for hay, with no sign yet of the solar
panels.

What is currently claimed to be the UKs largest solar farm has
been built close to me. It seems to be a particularly suitable
location.

http://www.larkenergy.co.uk/news/uk-...rid-connected/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-22272632

Even CPRE like it:

http://www.cpreleicestershire.org.uk...old-solar-farm

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Now we know where to rehome the badgers then.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On 10 Oct 2013 20:09:11 GMT, "David.WE.Roberts"
wrote:

An enormous array of solar panels in a field.

Around 52.352486,1.473284 although Google Maps still shows just a field.

I was a little surprised as it is in pretty good farm land and I thought
they weren't supposed to use that.

Still, money talks.

Cheers

Dave R

There's one being completed a few miles from us, a mile or so SE of
Hayle in West Cornwall. It's roughly at the junction of Wheal Alfred
Road and Drannack Mill Lane, Google Maps 50.177, -5.388. A
south-facing slope, perfectly good farmland AFAIK. Google Maps shows
the field being harvested for hay, with no sign yet of the solar
panels.

--

Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, October 11, 2013 9:09:11 AM UTC+13, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
An enormous array of solar panels in a field.

Don't you need sun for them?
At least they don't make a noise and kill birds.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2013 08:48, Richard wrote:
"David.WE.Roberts" wrote in message

An enormous array of solar panels in a field.

Around 52.352486,1.473284 although Google Maps still shows just a field.

I was a little surprised as it is in pretty good farm land and I thought
they weren't supposed to use that.

Still, money talks.

Simply untrue. Unless you are suggesting that the local planning
authority has taken a bribe. In any case it is not particularly good
farm land being classified as grade 3 and the complete installation has
to be removed after 25 years and the site restored to the original state.

The actual planning application is here.

http://www.waveney.gov.uk/egov_downl...1_today.pdf€Ž

--
Peter Crosland
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

On 11/10/2013 09:50, Peter Crosland wrote:

The actual planning application is here.

Oh dear, look this is Usenet, you are not supposed to provide verifiable
facts in an argument!

Lee

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/13 09:50, Peter Crosland wrote:
On 11/10/2013 08:48, Richard wrote:
"David.WE.Roberts" wrote in message

An enormous array of solar panels in a field.

Around 52.352486,1.473284 although Google Maps still shows just a field.

I was a little surprised as it is in pretty good farm land and I thought
they weren't supposed to use that.

Still, money talks.

Simply untrue. Unless you are suggesting that the local planning
authority has taken a bribe.

Are you that naive?

Of course theytake the (equivalent) of bribes.

And openly admit it.

" we could oppose tescos development, but they would take it to appeal,
get a load pof laweyers in, cost te local taxpayer a firtune, and
porobab;y win, because we cant afford the lawyers theyand experts they
can. Omn the orther hand, they have promised to ugraded teh road to
that area so that saves us money"

"the word has come down from CPHQ that we have to let the windmills get
built, so the whip is out: you will pass this ill advised application
nod sagely at the outrageous and false claims made for its
justification, if you want to have any hope of staying in the
consrevative party, and theres a nice little sinecure as chairman of the
local renewable energy committee for you if you do."

Hell Tim yeo even admitted it.

In any case it is not particularly good
farm land being classified as grade 3 and the complete installation has
to be removed after 25 years and the site restored to the original state.

manambly at taxpayer expense since the company hwo built it will long
have vansihed by then.

The actual planning application is here.

http://www.waveney.gov.uk/egov_downl...1_today.pdf€Ž

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2013 09:53, Lee wrote:
On 11/10/2013 09:50, Peter Crosland wrote:

The actual planning application is here.

Oh dear, look this is Usenet, you are not supposed to provide verifiable
facts in an argument!

Nothing like a few facts to confuse the issue!

--
Peter Crosland

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Lee
writes
On 11/10/2013 09:50, Peter Crosland wrote:

The actual planning application is here.

Oh dear, look this is Usenet, you are not supposed to provide
verifiable facts in an argument!

Correct!

Also grade 3 land ought to grow Wheat OK but perhaps not Leeks and
Brussel Sprouts:-)

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2013 09:20, Matty F wrote:
On Friday, October 11, 2013 9:09:11 AM UTC+13, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
An enormous array of solar panels in a field.

Don't you need sun for them?
At least they don't make a noise and kill birds.

Could they cause reflections that might blind hellicopter or light
aircraft pilots?

8¬)

Pete@
--
http://www.GymRatZ.co.uk
WaterRowers at super special deals and other Gym Stuff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message

On 11/10/2013 09:53, Lee wrote:
On 11/10/2013 09:50, Peter Crosland wrote:

The actual planning application is here.

Oh dear, look this is Usenet, you are not supposed to provide verifiable
facts in an argument!

Nothing like a few facts to confuse the issue!

Nothing like trimming posts to **** up context.
FYI, my contribution to this thread was the sarcastic:
Obviously more profitable milking the population...
/q

I accept your apology in advance to save you trimming and screwing up
context again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, October 11, 2013 11:19:00 AM UTC+1, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Could they cause reflections that might blind hellicopter or light
aircraft pilots?

They might be visible to enemy bombers.

Only last night an enemy aircraft landed in the Warmington-on-Sea reservoir.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2013 09:53, Lee wrote:
On 11/10/2013 09:50, Peter Crosland wrote:

The actual planning application is here.

Oh dear, look this is Usenet, you are not supposed to provide verifiable
facts in an argument!

Nothing like a few facts to confuse the issue!

Nothing like trimming posts to f*** up context.
FYI, my contribution to this thread was the sarcastic:
Obviously more profitable milking the population...
/q

I accept your apology in advance to save you trimming and screwing up
context again.

You really should not lead with your chin. Your poor command of English
is only exceeded by your inability construct a logical argument to
support your point of view. A classic case of not doing some trivially
easy research to see if your argument had any merit.

--
Peter Crosland

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2013 10:46, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Lee
writes
On 11/10/2013 09:50, Peter Crosland wrote:

The actual planning application is here.

Oh dear, look this is Usenet, you are not supposed to provide
verifiable facts in an argument!

Correct!

Also grade 3 land ought to grow Wheat OK but perhaps not Leeks and
Brussel Sprouts:-)

The point the previous poster was unsuccessfully trying to make was that
there was a complete prohibition on using agricultural land which of
course there is not. The other point that is often missed is that the
permissions are conditional on the land being returned to the orginal
use after a period of time usually 25 years by which time the panels
will be at the end of the useful life. Of course it might htne be
subject to another application to install whatever technology is then
available, but this is not a foregone conclusion.

--
Peter Crosland
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Peter
Crosland writes
[...]

Yes.

The thought has crossed my mind for here. I have South facing *hot* land
and a conveniently placed 11kV distributor feed. However, there are also
lots of well used public rights of way and, at less than a mile from the
centre of a large village, lots of small boys:-)

There is the opprobrium of joining Harry to consider as well. I think
I'll just go on taking the CAP payments to pad out my pension:-)

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

o.uk...

On 11/10/2013 09:53, Lee wrote:
On 11/10/2013 09:50, Peter Crosland wrote:

The actual planning application is here.

Oh dear, look this is Usenet, you are not supposed to provide
verifiable
facts in an argument!

Nothing like a few facts to confuse the issue!

Nothing like trimming posts to f*** up context.
FYI, my contribution to this thread was the sarcastic:
Obviously more profitable milking the population...
/q

I accept your apology in advance to save you trimming and screwing up
context again.

You really should not lead with your chin. Your poor command of English is
only exceeded by your inability construct a logical argument to support
your point of view. A classic case of not doing some trivially easy
research to see if your argument had any merit.

Sorry. I didn't realise that you were a humourless [insert preferred label].

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2013 09:53, Lee wrote:
[...]

Nothing to do with humour when all you can come up with is offensive
language. Resorting to insults just proves the point that you have no
rationl argument.

--
Peter Crosland
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
On 11/10/2013 08:48, Richard wrote:
"David.WE.Roberts" wrote in message

An enormous array of solar panels in a field.

Around 52.352486,1.473284 although Google Maps still shows just a field.

I was a little surprised as it is in pretty good farm land and I thought
they weren't supposed to use that.

Still, money talks.

Simply untrue. Unless you are suggesting that the local planning authority
has taken a bribe. In any case it is not particularly good farm land being
classified as grade 3 and the complete installation has to be removed
after 25 years and the site restored to the original state.

Ah. Another good long-term solution to the energy shortages that are soon to
become the norm in this banana-republic-in-the-making, then ...

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2013 09:53, Lee wrote:
[...]

Well I thought it was funny. Perhaps you didn't get the subtlety of his
humour ... ?

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2013 09:53, Lee wrote:
[...]

You mean as subtle as being hit round the ear with a brick?

--
Peter Crosland
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2013 09:53, Lee wrote:
[...]

damn! you mean somebody's done that to you already?

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2013 09:53, Lee wrote:
[...]

Not hard enough though.

Western Australia powers up 10MW solar farm Mike Tomlinson UK diy 24 October 11th 12 09:05 PM
Green Light For Solar Energy Farm Ericp UK diy 5 October 3rd 10 11:19 AM
set-up for rigid panel solar pool heater, solar blanket KLE Home Repair 2 May 4th 08 12:52 AM
Animal Farm Lucern Woodworking 1 December 6th 07 06:51 PM
Farm Program Pays $1.3 Billion to People Who Don't Farm AK Home Ownership 5 July 3rd 06 01:22 PM