Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Green Light For Solar Energy Farm

"A power station using solar panels to create electricity has been
given planning permission in Cornwall.

About 5000 panels,each about 2m high,will cover more than seven acres
at the former Wheal Jane tin mine near Truro.

Developer 35 Degrees said the panels would produce enough electricity
at full power for about 300 households.

It is the first solar farm to be given planning permission by Cornwall
Council which has another 14 applications."

So this vast array of stuff is being set up to provide enough power to
run the street where I live? (When the sun shines)

Can the guys that like doing the sums tell me if this is remotely
viable?

It just seems like absolute madness. Twilight Zone stuff.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ericp wrote:
"A power station using solar panels to create electricity has been
given planning permission in Cornwall.

About 5000 panels,each about 2m high,will cover more than seven acres
at the former Wheal Jane tin mine near Truro.

Developer 35 Degrees said the panels would produce enough electricity
at full power for about 300 households.

...which wont need that power at midday in blazing june anyway. Cos they
will all be on the beach,.

It is the first solar farm to be given planning permission by Cornwall
Council which has another 14 applications."

So this vast array of stuff is being set up to provide enough power to
run the street where I live? (When the sun shines)

Can the guys that like doing the sums tell me if this is remotely
viable?

Yes, its not remotely viable. Its pure greenwash.

"In the end, Germanys PV promotion has become a subsidization regime
that, on a per-capita basis, has reached a very high level that by far
exceeds average wages: Given our net cost estimate of about 8.4 Bn ‚¬ for
2008 reported in Table 4, per-capita capita subsidies turn out to be as
high as 175,000 ‚¬ (US $ 257,400), if indeed 48,000 people *were*
employed in the PV sector (BSW Solar 2009)."

It just seems like absolute madness. Twilight Zone stuff.

Eurozone greenzone stuff.

Iagine gtting a 150 grand a year grant per employee.

Golly. Even Tyneside doesn't go that far.

Write to your MP NOW and bitch. ITS YOUR MONEY THEY ARE SPENDING.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 20:16:41 +0100, Ericp
wrote:

Can the guys that like doing the sums tell me if this is remotely
viable?

It just seems like absolute madness. Twilight Zone stuff.

Viable? It is enormously profitable. The guaranteed subsidy harvest
more than pays for the installation and maintenance cost..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 1 Oct, 20:16, Ericp wrote:
"A power station using solar panels to create electricity has been
given planning permission in Cornwall.

About 5000 panels,each about 2m high,will cover more than seven acres
at the former Wheal Jane tin mine near Truro.

Developer 35 Degrees said the panels would produce enough electricity
at full power for about 300 households.

It is the first solar farm to be given planning permission by Cornwall
Council which has another 14 applications."

So this vast array of stuff is being set up to provide enough power to
run the street where I live? * (When the sun shines)

Can the guys that like doing the sums tell me if this is remotely
viable?

It just seems like absolute madness. Twilight Zone stuff.

Taxpayer subsidised. There are lots of far more sensible options we
could be doing. Such as energy efficiency.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim.... wrote:

Until then I have no choice to continue because with the new namby pamby
light sources that are available there isn't enough light in the room for me
to be able to read things.

Reading is elitist, and will be banned shortly.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

tim.... wrote:

Until then I have no choice to continue because with the new namby pamby
light sources that are available there isn't enough light in the room for me
to be able to read things.

Reading is elitist, and will be banned shortly.

Reading is anything but elitist, it's Chav central. I look forward to it
being banned.