Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default OT - saw my first solar farm

In message , Peter
Crosland writes
On 11/10/2013 10:46, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Lee
writes
On 11/10/2013 09:50, Peter Crosland wrote:

The actual planning application is here.

Oh dear, look this is Usenet, you are not supposed to provide
verifiable facts in an argument!

Correct!

Also grade 3 land ought to grow Wheat OK but perhaps not Leeks and
Brussel Sprouts:-)

The point the previous poster was unsuccessfully trying to make was
that there was a complete prohibition on using agricultural land which
of course there is not. The other point that is often missed is that
the permissions are conditional on the land being returned to the
orginal use after a period of time usually 25 years by which time the
panels will be at the end of the useful life. Of course it might htne
be subject to another application to install whatever technology is
then available, but this is not a foregone conclusion.

Yes.

The thought has crossed my mind for here. I have South facing *hot* land
and a conveniently placed 11kV distributor feed. However, there are also
lots of well used public rights of way and, at less than a mile from the
centre of a large village, lots of small boys:-)

There is the opprobrium of joining Harry to consider as well. I think
I'll just go on taking the CAP payments to pad out my pension:-)

--
Tim Lamb