Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default indesit frig freezer

Inside my new frig freezer there is a sticker.
It shows an arrow pointing down. Inside the arrow is a vertical
oblong.Beside the oblong is a small circle and below the oblong is a
larger circle.
Below the arrow is a large black spot and beside the spot is printed X13.
What does this mean?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 08:48:52 +0100, Graham K. wrote:

Inside my new frig freezer there is a sticker.
It shows an arrow pointing down. Inside the arrow is a vertical
oblong.Beside the oblong is a small circle and below the oblong is a
larger circle.
Below the arrow is a large black spot and beside the spot is printed
X13. What does this mean?

Feck knows, but I expect its "obvious" when you know!

Post a direct link to a photo somewhere, doesn't google have a "find
similar images" thingy?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 13/09/2013 09:04, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 08:48:52 +0100, Graham K. wrote:

Inside my new frig freezer there is a sticker.
It shows an arrow pointing down. Inside the arrow is a vertical
oblong.Beside the oblong is a small circle and below the oblong is a
larger circle.
Below the arrow is a large black spot and beside the spot is printed
X13. What does this mean?

Feck knows, but I expect its "obvious" when you know!

Post a direct link to a photo somewhere, doesn't google have a "find
similar images" thingy?

Does it do that by recognising the images or just the surrounding verbiage?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 08:48:52 +0100, "Graham K." wrote:

Inside my new frig freezer there is a sticker.
It shows an arrow pointing down. Inside the arrow is a vertical
oblong.Beside the oblong is a small circle and below the oblong is a
larger circle.
Below the arrow is a large black spot and beside the spot is printed X13.
What does this mean?

Maybe its been made from melted down bits of one of these?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../Ryan_X-13.jpg

A photo of what you are describing might help
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
On 13/09/2013 09:04, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 08:48:52 +0100, Graham K. wrote:

Inside my new frig freezer there is a sticker.
It shows an arrow pointing down. Inside the arrow is a vertical
oblong.Beside the oblong is a small circle and below the oblong is a
larger circle.
Below the arrow is a large black spot and beside the spot is printed
X13. What does this mean?

Feck knows, but I expect its "obvious" when you know!

Post a direct link to a photo somewhere, doesn't google have a "find
similar images" thingy?

Does it do that by recognising the images or just the surrounding
verbiage?

Recognising the image. Try it, just go to

http://images.google.com/

and either drag a picture onto the search box or click the little camera
icon to enter a URL or upload a picture.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 13/09/2013 10:19, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"GB" wrote in message
On 13/09/2013 09:04, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 08:48:52 +0100, Graham K. wrote:

Inside my new frig freezer there is a sticker.
It shows an arrow pointing down. Inside the arrow is a vertical
oblong.Beside the oblong is a small circle and below the oblong is a
larger circle.
Below the arrow is a large black spot and beside the spot is printed
X13. What does this mean?

Feck knows, but I expect its "obvious" when you know!

Post a direct link to a photo somewhere, doesn't google have a "find
similar images" thingy?

Does it do that by recognising the images or just the surrounding
verbiage?

Recognising the image. Try it, just go to

http://images.google.com/

and either drag a picture onto the search box or click the little camera
icon to enter a URL or upload a picture.

Thanks, I did that. It came up with images that were similar in layout
and overall colour scheme, but not otherwise the same.

I am not convinced that it would recognise a particular person. But,
if you uploaded a picture of the Mon Lisa, for example, it would almost
certainly find other copies because they would have identical layout and
colour scheme.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/09/2013 08:48, Graham K. wrote:
Inside my new frig freezer there is a sticker.
It shows an arrow pointing down. Inside the arrow is a vertical
oblong.Beside the oblong is a small circle and below the oblong is a
larger circle.
Below the arrow is a large black spot and beside the spot is printed X13.
What does this mean?

photo at
https://lh6.ggpht.com/Gd-gkZH6peqWfC...lCqESGsnnY=s85
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 13/09/2013 12:21, Graham K. wrote:
On 13/09/2013 08:48, Graham K. wrote:
Inside my new frig freezer there is a sticker.
It shows an arrow pointing down. Inside the arrow is a vertical
oblong.Beside the oblong is a small circle and below the oblong is a
larger circle.
Below the arrow is a large black spot and beside the spot is printed X13.
What does this mean?

photo at
https://lh6.ggpht.com/Gd-gkZH6peqWfC...lCqESGsnnY=s85

Is that a rapid freeze button? Seems hard to tell with such a tiny image.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Is this a frost free design or an ordinary fringe freezer wot you have to
defrost? I notice that a lot of the frost free ones want a certain clearence
on their bottoms, as one assumes theis is where they evaporate the water
from perhaps, though don't quite get the 13!

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"GB" wrote in message
On 13/09/2013 12:21, Graham K. wrote:
On 13/09/2013 08:48, Graham K. wrote:
Inside my new frig freezer there is a sticker.
It shows an arrow pointing down. Inside the arrow is a vertical
oblong.Beside the oblong is a small circle and below the oblong is a
larger circle.
Below the arrow is a large black spot and beside the spot is printed
X13.
What does this mean?

photo at
https://lh6.ggpht.com/Gd-gkZH6peqWfC...lCqESGsnnY=s85

Is that a rapid freeze button? Seems hard to tell with such a tiny image.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 08:48:52 +0100, Graham K. wrote:

Inside my new frig freezer there is a sticker.
It shows an arrow pointing down. Inside the arrow is a vertical
oblong.Beside the oblong is a small circle and below the oblong is a
larger circle.
Below the arrow is a large black spot and beside the spot is printed
X13.
What does this mean?

I assume you have read through the comprehensive instruction manual?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 12:35:50 +0100, GB wrote:

It shows an arrow pointing down. Inside the arrow is a vertical
oblong.Beside the oblong is a small circle and below the oblong

is a
larger circle.
Below the arrow is a large black spot and beside the spot is

printed
X13. What does this mean?

photo at

https://lh6.ggpht.com/Gd-gkZH6peqWfC...-xh11K2VmyuK4a
CC4BQQjBSpxyZlCqESGsnnY=s85

Is that a rapid freeze button? Seems hard to tell with such a tiny
image.

OP says the big black blob is a blob not a button. But I guess it
could be a smooth blind grommit covered button.

As you say hard to tell from a 64 x 85 pixel image. Is the circle in
the point of the arrow a circle or "water drop" shaped?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/09/2013 12:21, Graham K. wrote:
On 13/09/2013 08:48, Graham K. wrote:
Inside my new frig freezer there is a sticker.
It shows an arrow pointing down. Inside the arrow is a vertical
oblong.Beside the oblong is a small circle and below the oblong is a
larger circle.
Below the arrow is a large black spot and beside the spot is printed X13.
What does this mean?

photo at
https://lh6.ggpht.com/Gd-gkZH6peqWfC...lCqESGsnnY=s85

Is there a new pixel tax?

Have a look/read he

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/318411/Indesit.png

(No idea if it is the same model you have. But it comes from RTFIndesitM.)

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 19:18:38 +0100, polygonum wrote:

Have a look/read he

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/318411/Indesit.png

(No idea if it is the same model you have. But it comes from
RTFIndesitM.)

Like I said obvious when you know. Seems odd not to have a better
representation of a "thermometer", not sure what the small blob next
to it is supposed to mean.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 13/09/2013 16:47, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 12:35:50 +0100, GB wrote:

It shows an arrow pointing down. Inside the arrow is a vertical
oblong.Beside the oblong is a small circle and below the oblong

is a
larger circle.
Below the arrow is a large black spot and beside the spot is

printed
X13. What does this mean?

photo at

https://lh6.ggpht.com/Gd-gkZH6peqWfC...-xh11K2VmyuK4a
CC4BQQjBSpxyZlCqESGsnnY=s85

Is that a rapid freeze button? Seems hard to tell with such a tiny
image.

OP says the big black blob is a blob not a button. But I guess it
could be a smooth blind grommit covered button.

I meant a label pointing towards a rapid freeze button. It's just
because of the 0 degrees on the label.

As you say hard to tell from a 64 x 85 pixel image. Is the circle in
the point of the arrow a circle or "water drop" shaped?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 20:00:50 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 19:18:38 +0100, polygonum wrote:

Have a look/read he

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/318411/Indesit.png

(No idea if it is the same model you have. But it comes from
RTFIndesitM.)

Like I said obvious when you know. Seems odd not to have a better
representation of a "thermometer", not sure what the small blob next
to it is supposed to mean.

Maybe a 'degrees' symbol. Using Google image search, I found a photo
like the OP's but better on a German forum from 2010. There was text
to the bottom right of the big black circle (presumably an unlit "OK")
saying "X10", which is only partly shown in the OP's photo. None of
the replies on the forum knew what it meant.
--
Dave W

GE frig with whirring freezer noise les Home Repair 1 October 21st 09 02:35 PM
Frig repair or buy a new one? [email protected] Home Repair 21 August 22nd 09 02:45 PM
Frig trouble hankus Home Repair 4 July 26th 07 02:47 AM
Indesit C239NFUK Fridge Freezer not cooling ?? mouldy man UK diy 4 April 11th 06 08:01 AM
Undercounter frig mike hide Home Repair 2 December 19th 04 06:47 PM