Posted to alt.home.repair
les les is offline

Default GE frig with whirring freezer noise

Hello....
We have a 3 year old frig, GE model PTS22SH, a freezer-over design that
has been "serviced" once for this problem: a recurring buzzing sound from
the
freezer section that I would imagine comes from some blower fan blade
hitting
ice buildup within the exchanger coils in that compartment. It happens quite
frequently, especially on humid days and when the kids are opening the
freezer
more than usual. The annoyance comes and goes, sometimes persisting for a
day
and then returning a few days later. It stops when the fan stops, or the
blockage
goes away.
The last service guy didn't say much about it, and my wife had no clue what
he
did.
I'm wondering if there is a design flaw (like poor clearance) or if I have a
lemon.
Secondly, if this is what I think it is, I could fix the clearance issue,
but can't see
where the hidden screw are to remove the plastic casing over the vent
assembly.
Any ideas where I can get the assembly diagrams? GE doesn't even offer
service
manuals for sale !!
Thanks for ideas.

Les

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd have to be there to see. But, I think I remember that
there are two screws at the bottom of the vent tube, and the
tube slides up about 1/4 inch to come out. The fan blade is
often press fit on the shaft, might be able to press it a
bit farther on, or off, as needed.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"les" wrote in message
net...
[...]

Maytag/Amana bottom freezer noise Art Home Repair 9 December 27th 16 04:44 PM
Freezer noise Stephen[_2_] UK diy 3 June 11th 08 10:39 AM
Freezer repair (pop noise!) Part timer UK diy 14 April 8th 07 03:29 AM
Heater/vents making whirring noise Mike Home Repair 4 December 14th 04 05:37 PM
Beko Fridge/Freezer Noise Chris UK diy 4 July 8th 03 06:56 PM