Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Freezer noise

Hello,

Our freezer has started to make ominous noises. It seems to buzz a
lot. It never did before. I have checked and it is still level, so
it's not that I need to adjust one of the feet. Should I be worried?
Is this a sign of imminent failure?

Thanks,
Stephen.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Stephen wrote:
Hello,

Our freezer has started to make ominous noises. It seems to buzz a
lot. It never did before. I have checked and it is still level, so
it's not that I need to adjust one of the feet. Should I be worried?
Is this a sign of imminent failure?

I don't know. But I would consider a defrost. And a pull-it-out-and
clean-thoroughly-round-the-back process. If nothing else, you might
notice that something is wrong. Or that it stops making the noise when
not in its usual location.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 09:16:29 +0100, Rod
wrote:

I don't know. But I would consider a defrost. And a pull-it-out-and
clean-thoroughly-round-the-back process. If nothing else, you might
notice that something is wrong. Or that it stops making the noise when
not in its usual location.

It's supposed to be frost-free so it shouldn't need a defrost but I
will have a clean around the back.

Thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I don't know. But I would consider a defrost. And a pull-it-out-and
clean-thoroughly-round-the-back process. If nothing else, you might
notice that something is wrong. Or that it stops making the noise when
not in its usual location.

It's supposed to be frost-free so it shouldn't need a defrost but I
will have a clean around the back.

Thanks.

Could be a build up of ice hitting the fan. Or could be a rattle in sympathy
with a motor.