Posted to uk.d-i-y
mouldy man

Default Indesit C239NFUK Fridge Freezer not cooling ??

I know its probably not DIY, but the fridge compartment is not
cooling. Thermostat has no effect.

The freezer seems to be OK.

What would it be.

Is it worthwhile getting repaired, how much would it cost ???

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick

mouldy man wrote:
I know its probably not DIY, but the fridge compartment is not
cooling. Thermostat has no effect.

The freezer seems to be OK.

What would it be.

Is it worthwhile getting repaired, how much would it cost ???

Apparently you have a computer in your fridge

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.d-...d8053d8?hl=en&

Posted to uk.d-i-y
mouldy man

I now its a stupid question but where is this memory card, and how
easy is it to get it out and give it a wiggle ????

I've just dumped my 2 year old Indesit Washing Machine due to
continual problems.

So I do not have have good words for Indesit.

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 20:29:32 +1200, Nick wrote:

mouldy man wrote:
I know its probably not DIY, but the fridge compartment is not
cooling. Thermostat has no effect.

The freezer seems to be OK.

What would it be.

Is it worthwhile getting repaired, how much would it cost ???

Apparently you have a computer in your fridge

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.d-...d8053d8?hl=en&

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick

mouldy man wrote:
I now its a stupid question but where is this memory card, and how
easy is it to get it out and give it a wiggle ????

I tend to avoid appliances with computers in them, since they are
too complicated for me to fix or or the parts are expensive.

Another possibility is that you have a blocked defrost drain
line. See here for a way of fixing that:
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...ead.php?t=1772

I know its probably not DIY, but the fridge compartment is not
cooling. Thermostat has no effect.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
mouldy man

I think I will pull it out over the weekend and give it a defrost,
and see what happens from there.

As the guy in the forum suggested its probably cheaper to bin it and
another, but not Ariston.