Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Close coupled back to the wall toilet

I'm now shopping for a toilet.

I've seen ths sort:
Not wall hung but the sort where the pan part goes back to the wall
like this:
http://www.victoriaplumb.com/Bathroo...-Seat_440.html

With regards to installation do they present any additional problems
compared to more convention c/c toilets?

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 30 June 2013 18:10:39 UTC+1, mark wrote:
I'm now shopping for a toilet.

I've seen ths sort:

Not wall hung but the sort where the pan part goes back to the wall

like this:

http://www.victoriaplumb.com/Bathroo...-Seat_440.html

With regards to installation do they present any additional problems

compared to more convention c/c toilets?

mark

They are a total pain if the seat fixings become loose, as it means that the whole thing has to be removed to resecure the seat.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Fuxit" wrote in message

http://www.victoriaplumb.com/Bathroo...-Seat_440.html

With regards to installation do they present any additional problems

compared to more convention c/c toilets?

They are a total pain if the seat fixings become loose, as it means that
the whole thing has to be removed to resecure the seat.

Good point. My enthusiasm for such a loo is waning fast. Would it make a
difference assessibility if the seat has quick release hinges. I've no
experience of such.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, July 1, 2013 6:29:32 PM UTC+1, mark wrote:
"Mr Fuxit" wrote in message

http://www.victoriaplumb.com/Bathroo...-Seat_440.html

With regards to installation do they present any additional problems

compared to more convention c/c toilets?

They are a total pain if the seat fixings become loose, as it means that

the whole thing has to be removed to resecure the seat.

Good point. My enthusiasm for such a loo is waning fast. Would it make a

difference assessibility if the seat has quick release hinges. I've no

experience of such.

mark

The back to wall toilet I have (not fitted yet) has the sides shaped such that you can get to the underside of the seat bolts.
It is either this one, or one very similar:

http://www.plumb-bay.com/btw-pan-laura

Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Fuxit" wrote in message

http://www.victoriaplumb.com/Bathroo...-Seat_440.html

With regards to installation do they present any additional problems

compared to more convention c/c toilets?

They are a total pain if the seat fixings become loose, as it means
that

the whole thing has to be removed to resecure the seat.

Good point. My enthusiasm for such a loo is waning fast. Would it make a

difference assessibility if the seat has quick release hinges. I've
no

experience of such.

mark

The back to wall toilet I have (not fitted yet) has the sides shaped such
that you can get to the underside of the seat bolts.
It is either this one, or one very similar:

http://www.plumb-bay.com/btw-pan-laura

I shall investigate later and have bookmarked that site. It's a new one to
me.
I got on to Victoria Plumb.com and put the question to them. They replied
in essence: some of their back to the wall toilets would indeed need to be
unplumbed but those with seats that have quick release bolts don't.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Fuxit" wrote in message

[...]

google "well nuts" for another way out of the conundrum

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message

google "well nuts" for another way out of the conundrum

Jim K

That's handy to know about.
Found this demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1zpmSBmcrg

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, July 3, 2013 11:10:12 AM UTC+1, mark wrote:
"Jim K" wrote in message

google "well nuts" for another way out of the conundrum

Jim K

That's handy to know about.

Found this demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1zpmSBmcrg

great soundtrack!!, thought there might be some fagsmoke drifting across from an ashtray to complete the scene.. ;)

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message

google "well nuts" for another way out of the conundrum

Jim K

That's handy to know about.

Found this demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1zpmSBmcrg

great soundtrack!!, thought there might be some fagsmoke drifting across
from an ashtray to complete the scene.. ;)

Jim K

That's the seat sorted.

What about the water supply, how does that get to the cistern? Perhaps they
are back fed and the pipe goes up inside the wall which could be a bit
tricky for me as my existing toilet has the water coming up through the
floor and it's a brick wall.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message

google "well nuts" for another way out of the conundrum

Jim K

That's handy to know about.

Found this demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1zpmSBmcrg

great soundtrack!!, thought there might be some fagsmoke drifting across

from an ashtray to complete the scene.. ;)

Jim K

That's the seat sorted.

What about the water supply, how does that get to the cistern? Perhaps they

are back fed and the pipe goes up inside the wall which could be a bit

tricky for me as my existing toilet has the water coming up through the

floor and it's a brick wall.

mark

erm... move the pipe so it can run hidden inside the base?
or hack out into the brickwork to make room behind? or ?

Consider how/where you would isolate for servicing the cistern/flush valve etc....

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message

google "well nuts" for another way out of the conundrum

Jim K

That's handy to know about.

What about the water supply, how does that get to the cistern? Perhaps
they

are back fed and the pipe goes up inside the wall which could be a bit

tricky for me as my existing toilet has the water coming up through the

floor and it's a brick wall.

mark

erm... move the pipe so it can run hidden inside the base?
or hack out into the brickwork to make room behind? or ?

Consider how/where you would isolate for servicing the cistern/flush valve
etc....

Jim K

I can hack out the brickwork to accomodate the pipe as that'll be hidden by
the toilet. As for an exposed isolation valve....hmmmm.
I assume the waste is just 'push' job done.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I can hack out the brickwork to accomodate the pipe as that'll be hidden by

the toilet. As for an exposed isolation valve....hmmmm.

I assume the waste is just 'push' job done.

think you should google some similar bog installation instructions and take it from there

Jim K