Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Close coupled back to the wall toilet

On Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:24:57 PM UTC+1, mark wrote:
"sm_jamieson" wrote in message

On Monday, July 1, 2013 6:29:32 PM UTC+1, mark wrote:

"Mr Fuxit" wrote in message

http://www.victoriaplumb.com/Bathroo...-Seat_440.html

With regards to installation do they present any additional problems

compared to more convention c/c toilets?

They are a total pain if the seat fixings become loose, as it means

that

the whole thing has to be removed to resecure the seat.

Good point. My enthusiasm for such a loo is waning fast. Would it make a

difference assessibility if the seat has quick release hinges. I've

no

experience of such.

mark

The back to wall toilet I have (not fitted yet) has the sides shaped such

that you can get to the underside of the seat bolts.

It is either this one, or one very similar:

http://www.plumb-bay.com/btw-pan-laura

I shall investigate later and have bookmarked that site. It's a new one to

me.

I got on to Victoria Plumb.com and put the question to them. They replied

in essence: some of their back to the wall toilets would indeed need to be

unplumbed but those with seats that have quick release bolts don't.

mark

google "well nuts" for another way out of the conundrum

Jim K