Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Jimmy Saville

This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

nothing there using firefox, apparently it's not supported...is it supposed
to be a sound? - it appears to be a red web page with some bloke wearing a
flat cap and not much else.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/10/2012 18:51, Phil L wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

nothing there using firefox, apparently it's not supported...is it supposed
to be a sound? - it appears to be a red web page with some bloke wearing a
flat cap and not much else.

Same here.

But I fell across this:

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2012/10/0...ith-indecency/

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

Don't work too well with Firefox.
Get a grip ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 10/10/12 20:17, mike wrote:

Try this version:

http://www.anorak.co.uk/336013/celeb...y-savile.html/

want's me to install Flash, no way. FF on Linux

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 21:33:02 +0100, djc wrote:

On 10/10/12 20:17, mike wrote:

Try this version:

http://www.anorak.co.uk/336013/celeb...itz-was-right-

about-jimmy-savile.html/

want's me to install Flash, no way. FF on Linux

Works OK for me. FF on FreeBSD, with Flash running in the Linuxulator!

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 10, 9:33*pm, djc wrote:
On 10/10/12 20:17, mike wrote:

Try this version:

http://www.anorak.co.uk/336013/celeb...tz-was-right-a...

want's me to install Flash, no way. FF on Linux

--
djc

It's from Jerry Sadowitz's 1987 LP "Gob****e" which was withdrawn for
fear that it libelled Jimmy Savile. Worth listening to.

In the meantime:

http://s17.postimage.org/3tdgwdjr3/O...s_children.jpg

http://www.anorak.co.uk/wp-content/u...er-Danger.jpeg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...WL._SL500_.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

djc wrote:
On 10/10/12 20:17, mike wrote:

Try this version:

http://www.anorak.co.uk/336013/celeb...y-savile.html/

want's me to install Flash, no way. FF on Linux

Flash works OK on Linux..

Dead easy to remove or disable, as well.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 10, 6:52*pm, "Phil L" wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

nothing there using firefox, apparently it's not supported...is it supposed
to be a sound? - it appears to be a red web page with some bloke wearing a
flat cap and not much else.

Works OK on Google Chrome
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

djc wrote:
On 10/10/12 20:17, mike wrote:

Try this version:

http://www.anorak.co.uk/336013/celeb...y-savile.html/

want's me to install Flash, no way. FF on Linux

Flash works OK on Linux..

I know, I have a sacrificial laptop with ubuntu and all the multimedia
trimmings for occasions when I really must use it. But for my proper
work machines I can do without. I spend more time that I should doing
useless things online as it is.

Dead easy to remove or disable, as well.

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out of
the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without him to
stick up for himself.
I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had. sorry to
sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these
accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

After all what can be done now?

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Knowing someone who was abused, her ability to cope with a) the abuse
itself; b) knowing that because the perp was highly respected, she would
not be believed; c) lack of any evidence other than her word against
his; d) the circumstances which would have had dreadful impact in many
directions; she did not speak up at the time.

And it is quite possible she would never have said anything. But
eventually she did.

That is entirely understandable in my book. And results in the
possibility, even the likelihood, of multiple offences before anyone
does break ranks.

On 11/10/2012 10:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out of
the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without him to
stick up for himself.
I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had. sorry to
sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these
accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

After all what can be done now?

Brian

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2012 10:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out of
the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without him to
stick up for himself.
I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had. sorry to
sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these
accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

After all what can be done now?

Brian

The link I posted was from 25 years ago.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out of
the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without him to
stick up for himself.
I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had. sorry to
sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these
accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

For sure my GF in 1973 was griped by Jimmy and propositioned. She told
me. But really her word against the Great Jimmy? I think that its just
the way it was.

Sleeping with the boss to get on is hardly new, nor is a bit of
unwelcome groping in the workplace. In those days if your boss came on
to you you were expected to sleep with her weren't you?

I dunno why its all become a media storm. Probably as you say because
the old perve is dead and now it is a media storm there's a chance to
get a bit of compensation for having the dopey old ******* shove his
member up you in 1974

After all what can be done now?

Brian

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote:
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out of
the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without him to
stick up for himself.
I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had. sorry to
sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these
accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

After all what can be done now?

Brian

Well you can start by pulverising his headstone. You can give all those
children who were abused a voice now (and potentially some "closure").

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/10/2012 19:21, Mr Pounder wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

Don't work too well with Firefox.
Get a grip ...

Click the arrow bottom left. Works in Chrome.

No arrow to click. FF is not supported.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
On 10/10/2012 19:21, Mr Pounder wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

Don't work too well with Firefox.
Get a grip ...

Click the arrow bottom left. Works in Chrome.

No arrow to click. FF is not supported.

this has to be the gasp of the day.

I've copied it and filed it in case it gets taken down elsewhere.

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Cartoons%20...s/OurJimmy.jpg

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 10 October 2012 18:40:55 UTC+1, The Medway Handyman wrote:
This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

The odd thing is, particularly given the allegations made about molesting incapacitated patients in hospital, at my high school in Bury it was a commonly shared "truth" that Savile was well known for being a necrophile. Now, no-one has quite made that allegation yet, but how the hell did something so close to the apparent truth become a playground "fact", and one which I have seen repeated on internet sites with sources from all over the UK (not just my former playground!).

Matt
Posted to uk.d-i-y

This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

Please DO NOT ANSWER directly here - don't want to attract writs! But I
can't help wondering who else has been implicated - we know one person
who is vehemently denying any involvement. But who are the others?

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

polygonum wrote:
This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

Please DO NOT ANSWER directly here - don't want to attract writs! But I
can't help wondering who else has been implicated - we know one person
who is vehemently denying any involvement. But who are the others?

Children's charities are to paedophiles as dung to a dung beetle.

Having said that as with any big company in te 70's the beeb would have
likely showed degrees of abuse of power varying from outright 'sex or
the sack' down to a quck grope 'all in the spirit of comradeship' etc etc.

I was groped by a female colleague in the presence of her peers. I
actually enjoyed it, which they were somewhat amazed by....not what
they hoped.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out
of the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without
him to stick up for himself. I find it all a bit strange unless there is
some money to be had. sorry to sound so cynical, but to me, no matter
how well respected he was these accusations should have been brought
forward during his life in my view.

'
Many years ago, in the '70s, I worked on 'Jim'll fix it'. Made at TV
Theatre. And the whispers were then he was a kiddie fiddler. Of course
such things were often said about 'stars' - but he was odder than most.
Wouldn't rehearse or even sit in his chair for a lighting etc check. So
obviously some sort of control freak. And the second he was finished he
left the 'stage'.

--
*A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-10-10, Andy Burns wrote:
Phil L wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

nothing there using firefox, apparently it's not supported

That's because the link given was for mobile phones, try this

http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/th...he-prosecution

Soundcloud never works for me.

(FF on Linux.)

At the risk of being branded "unadventurous" (see thread elsewhere...), it
works just fine with Explorer 8 on my machine that's only got sad old
Windows on it. But then I never expected otherwise ... :-)

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 18:51:59 +0100, "Phil L"
wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:
This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

nothing there using firefox, apparently it's not supported...is it supposed
to be a sound? - it appears to be a red web page with some bloke wearing a
flat cap and not much else.

Scroll down and click on the play button (it's a sound clip)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:
This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

nothing there using firefox, apparently it's not supported...is it supposed
to be a sound? - it appears to be a red web page with some bloke wearing a
flat cap and not much else.

Scroll down and click on the play button (it's a sound clip)

Does NOT work in FF.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out
of the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without
him to stick up for himself. I find it all a bit strange unless there is
some money to be had. sorry to sound so cynical, but to me, no matter
how well respected he was these accusations should have been brought
forward during his life in my view.

'
Many years ago, in the '70s, I worked on 'Jim'll fix it'. Made at TV
Theatre. And the whispers were then he was a kiddie fiddler. Of course
such things were often said about 'stars' - but he was odder than most.
Wouldn't rehearse or even sit in his chair for a lighting etc check. So
obviously some sort of control freak. And the second he was finished he
left the 'stage'.

Loved his mummy though. Say no more

Posted to uk.d-i-y

polygonum wrote:
This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

Please DO NOT ANSWER directly here - don't want to attract writs! But I
can't help wondering who else has been implicated - we know one person
who is vehemently denying any involvement. But who are the others?

Children's charities are to paedophiles as dung to a dung beetle.

Having said that as with any big company in te 70's the beeb would have
likely showed degrees of abuse of power varying from outright 'sex or the
sack' down to a quck grope 'all in the spirit of comradeship' etc etc.

I was groped by a female colleague in the presence of her peers. I
actually enjoyed it, which they were somewhat amazed by....not what they
hoped.

Did anyone hear the clip of audio that they played on the TV when this story
broke ? It purported to come from a sound engineer who recorded it covertly
in Saville's dressing room back in the day. It certainly sounded like his
voice, and that of a young girl that he was apparently trying to persuade to
say that it was he that she liked best rather than some other DJ who I
forget now. But how do you know ? Everybody used to do a good impression of
his voice, and it might just have been a 'joke', given the fact that
everyone who worked with him always reckoned that they 'knew' that him and
kids wasn't quite right ...

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 11, 10:41*am, "Brian Gaff" wrote:
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out of
the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without him to
stick up for himself.
*I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had. sorry to
sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these
accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

After all what can be done now?

There's talk now of him having accomplices so presumably something
could be done on that front.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 11/10/12 10:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out of
the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without him to
stick up for himself.
I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had. sorry to
sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these
accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

Yes, very strange.
On the one hand, slightly creepy wierdo so not surprised, on the other
it seems strange that nothing ever came to light while he was alive.
Even if there was a lack of proof surely he should have been quietly
dropped from programmes and ignored by charities etc. It not as if he
was that famous or rich or otherwise with some hold over those people
with responsibilities.
So I reach two conclusions, those who run the media and charities are a
vulnerable and stupid when it comes to celebs as any putative victim.
And that it is another unanticipated consequence of everyone living
longer that there is less chance of all concerned being dead, buried,
and forgotten long before historical revisionism catches them ut.

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

djc wrote:
On 11/10/12 10:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out of
the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without
him to
stick up for himself.
I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had.
sorry to
sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these
accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

Yes, very strange.
On the one hand, slightly creepy wierdo so not surprised, on the other
it seems strange that nothing ever came to light while he was alive.

It did. Time and again. BUT who want to go up a against a national hero
with a knighthood and a personal fortune enough to hire lawyers?

He's not the only perve with a knightood by a ling chalk, either.

Best way to attain respectability after a dodgy career/life is to spend
money on charities. And whatever party is in power.

Best way to find vulnerable children is to support a charity that looks
after vulnerable children.

Even if there was a lack of proof surely he should have been quietly
dropped from programmes and ignored by charities etc. It not as if he
was that famous or rich or otherwise with some hold over those people
with responsibilities.

He was both famous and rich.

So I reach two conclusions, those who run the media and charities are a
vulnerable and stupid when it comes to celebs as any putative victim.

yes.

And that it is another unanticipated consequence of everyone living
longer that there is less chance of all concerned being dead, buried,
and forgotten long before historical revisionism catches them ut.

indeed.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

djc wrote:
[...]

So who's the 4th celeb to be named then? Come to think of it, all those
60s DJ types were creepy. Could take your pick I imagine

Posted to uk.d-i-y

stuart noble wrote:
djc wrote:
[...]

well let's speculate on totally unjustified implications of
pervidity..commensurate solely with personal prejudice.

Kenny Everett? as bent as a nine bob note yes, but not one feels little
boys.
Noel Edmonds? Well....all those woolly jumpers...Hmm
Tony Blackburn? No,. Far to interesting a thing for him to be..
Paul Gambachini. See Kenny Everett...
Dave Lee Travis? Probably not. One feels
Bob Harris. I've always had suspicions.

Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 15:29:27 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

Did anyone hear the clip of audio that they played on the TV when this story
broke ? It purported to come from a sound engineer who recorded it covertly
in Saville's dressing room back in the day. It certainly sounded like his
voice, and that of a young girl that he was apparently trying to persuade to
say that it was he that she liked best rather than some other DJ who I
forget now. But how do you know ? Everybody used to do a good impression of
his voice, and it might just have been a 'joke', given the fact that
everyone who worked with him always reckoned that they 'knew' that him and
kids wasn't quite right ...

Voice analysis is trivial these days.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

stuart noble wrote:

So who's the 4th celeb to be named then? Come to think of it, all those
60s DJ types were creepy. Could take your pick I imagine

Jonathan King got busted...

But I cannot ever see such a thing being levelled at Wogan.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
moral busybodies."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2012 21:25, Tim Watts wrote:
stuart noble wrote:

So who's the 4th celeb to be named then? Come to think of it, all those
60s DJ types were creepy. Could take your pick I imagine

Jonathan King got busted...

But I cannot ever see such a thing being levelled at Wogan.

Nor:

Keith Skues,
Ed Stewart,
Mike Raven,
David Ryder,
Jim Fisher,
Jimmy Young,
Dave Cash,
Kenny Everett,
Simon Dee,
Duncan Johnson,
Doug Crawford,
Tommy Vance,
Chris Denning,
Emperor Rosko,
Pete Murray,
Bob Holness.

Or Annie Nightingale.

And I can't even remember several of them.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Brian Gaff
scribeth thus
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out of
the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without him to
stick up for himself.
I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had. sorry to
sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these
accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

After all what can be done now?

Brian

Yes why all of a sudden has all this come up?. Anyone could be forgiven
for thinking that he's the worlds worst offender ..

It seems that anyone and everyone has been accosted or abused by him but
if this was so widespread then why hasn't it surfaced before?.

So why not any allegations whilst he was alive then?..

It may well be understandable that people were scared to complain years
ago but he's been deceased for some time now so why no allegations then
why just all at once?..

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , The Natural Philosopher
scribeth thus
polygonum wrote:
This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

Please DO NOT ANSWER directly here - don't want to attract writs! But I
can't help wondering who else has been implicated - we know one person
who is vehemently denying any involvement. But who are the others?

Children's charities are to paedophiles as dung to a dung beetle.

Having said that as with any big company in te 70's the beeb would have
likely showed degrees of abuse of power varying from outright 'sex or
the sack' down to a quck grope 'all in the spirit of comradeship' etc etc.

I was groped by a female colleague in the presence of her peers. I
actually enjoyed it, which they were somewhat amazed by....not what
they hoped.

Well years ago I overheard some girls complaining at the factory where I
worked that they never got any "attention". That Attention was having
her bum pinched or a pair of hands around her waist or the same but a
bit higher. This sort of caper seemed to be tolerated in those days.

Course do the same now and thats it;!..

Unless you work at the BBC it seems...

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 22:44:33 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

In article , Brian Gaff
scribeth thus
[...]

Because they made a TV programme about it.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

stuart noble wrote:

So who's the 4th celeb to be named then? Come to think of it, all those
60s DJ types were creepy. Could take your pick I imagine

Jonathan King got busted...

But I cannot ever see such a thing being levelled at Wogan.

Nor:

Keith Skues,
Ed Stewart,
Mike Raven,
David Ryder,
Jim Fisher,
Jimmy Young,
Dave Cash,
Kenny Everett,
Simon Dee,

Oh, I dunno, simon dee Hmmm

Duncan Johnson,
Doug Crawford,
Tommy Vance,
Chris Denning,
Emperor Rosko,
Pete Murray,
Bob Holness.

Or Annie Nightingale.

And I can't even remember several of them.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

djc wrote:
On 11/10/12 10:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming
out of
the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without
him to
stick up for himself.
I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had.
sorry to
sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these
accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

Yes, very strange.
On the one hand, slightly creepy wierdo so not surprised, on the other
it seems strange that nothing ever came to light while he was alive.

It did. Time and again. BUT who want to go up a against a national hero
with a knighthood and a personal fortune enough to hire lawyers?

But these allegations go back a long way and the knighthood etc are far
more recent.

He's not the only perve with a knightood by a ling chalk, either.

Best way to attain respectability after a dodgy career/life is to spend
money on charities. And whatever party is in power.

Best way to find vulnerable children is to support a charity that looks
after vulnerable children.

Even if there was a lack of proof surely he should have been quietly
dropped from programmes and ignored by charities etc. It not as if he
was that famous or rich or otherwise with some hold over those people
with responsibilities.

He was both famous and rich.

But not *that* rich.
There does seem to be something missing. If there is substance in this
then I suspect it has a lot further to run. Some people far more
influential than a vulgar has-been celeb must be involed.

So I reach two conclusions, those who run the media and charities are
a vulnerable and stupid when it comes to celebs as any putative victim.

yes.

And that it is another unanticipated consequence of everyone living
longer that there is less chance of all concerned being dead, buried,
and forgotten long before historical revisionism catches them ut.

indeed.

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Some people far more
influential than a vulgar has-been celeb must be involed.

Not Brucie then