Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Jimmy Saville

This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

nothing there using firefox, apparently it's not supported...is it supposed
to be a sound? - it appears to be a red web page with some bloke wearing a
flat cap and not much else.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/10/2012 18:51, Phil L wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

nothing there using firefox, apparently it's not supported...is it supposed
to be a sound? - it appears to be a red web page with some bloke wearing a
flat cap and not much else.

Same here.

But I fell across this:

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2012/10/0...ith-indecency/

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 10, 6:52*pm, "Phil L" wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

nothing there using firefox, apparently it's not supported...is it supposed
to be a sound? - it appears to be a red web page with some bloke wearing a
flat cap and not much else.

Works OK on Google Chrome
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 18:51:59 +0100, "Phil L"
wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:
This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

nothing there using firefox, apparently it's not supported...is it supposed
to be a sound? - it appears to be a red web page with some bloke wearing a
flat cap and not much else.

Scroll down and click on the play button (it's a sound clip)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:
This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

nothing there using firefox, apparently it's not supported...is it supposed
to be a sound? - it appears to be a red web page with some bloke wearing a
flat cap and not much else.

Scroll down and click on the play button (it's a sound clip)

Does NOT work in FF.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

Don't work too well with Firefox.
Get a grip ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out of
the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without him to
stick up for himself.
I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had. sorry to
sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these
accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

After all what can be done now?

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
This dates from 25 years ago.

http://m.soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/...he-prosecution

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Knowing someone who was abused, her ability to cope with a) the abuse
itself; b) knowing that because the perp was highly respected, she would
not be believed; c) lack of any evidence other than her word against
his; d) the circumstances which would have had dreadful impact in many
directions; she did not speak up at the time.

And it is quite possible she would never have said anything. But
eventually she did.

That is entirely understandable in my book. And results in the
possibility, even the likelihood, of multiple offences before anyone
does break ranks.

On 11/10/2012 10:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out of
the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without him to
stick up for himself.
I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had. sorry to
sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these
accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

After all what can be done now?

Brian

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2012 10:52, polygonum wrote:
[...]

My wife deals with people with psychiatric conditions all the time. Many
of them have been under mental health services for twenty-plus years.
Again and again she finds out that someone was abused as a child, yet
they've told no-one before and suddenly they tell her. Most have just
been referred to her because their condition has worsened - and that is
often because they are confronting the fact that their child,
grandchild, nephew or neice has reached the age at which they were
abused. Huge numbers do not speak out at the time and are afraid to
speak out even as adults. In JSs case, people will be speaking out as
they now know that as others have come forward, they will be believed
and also will not be stigmatised themselves.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 14, 8:25*pm, SteveW wrote:
[...]

I think a lot of the problem for these people is caused by our
society.
In some societies such behaviour is the norm and there are few
problems.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 01:00:58 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

I think a lot of the problem for these people is caused by our
society.
In some societies such behaviour is the norm and there are few
problems.

And that makes it all right, all OK, does it?
Jesus H. Kerist, Harry, do you stop to think at any time, before or as
you write?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2012 10:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out of
the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without him to
stick up for himself.
I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had. sorry to
sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these
accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

After all what can be done now?

Brian

The link I posted was from 25 years ago.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out of
the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without him to
stick up for himself.
I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had. sorry to
sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these
accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

For sure my GF in 1973 was griped by Jimmy and propositioned. She told
me. But really her word against the Great Jimmy? I think that its just
the way it was.

Sleeping with the boss to get on is hardly new, nor is a bit of
unwelcome groping in the workplace. In those days if your boss came on
to you you were expected to sleep with her weren't you?

I dunno why its all become a media storm. Probably as you say because
the old perve is dead and now it is a media storm there's a chance to
get a bit of compensation for having the dopey old ******* shove his
member up you in 1974

After all what can be done now?

Brian

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:
[...]

I am certain that some women have jumped on the bandwagon, however there
appears to be sufficient independent corroboration to be sure that a
fairly large number of young girls were abused.

As I've said elsewhere in this thread, my wife deals with mental health
patients. You'd be amazed how many adults with deep and enduring mental
health problems (some having made repeated suicide attempts, some having
had their children taken away as they are unable to cope, many unable to
maintain relationships or function in the workplace) have been abused as
children. Some people can move on and function normally or close to,
very many cannot and their whole life is destroyed.

For some, being able to get it out in the open will be a catharsis that
*MAY* enable them to move on a bit. Simply that others were also abused
and that other people believe them will help. Many will have felt unable
to speak out about the root of their suffering until now, feeling safer
as he is dead and they are not alone.

As an aside, during a discussion the other day, a guy at work told me
that JS was a right nasty *******. One of his friends got on the wrong
side of him and he sent a bunch of heavies round to beat him up.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 11, 12:51*pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:
[...]

The people who may have known about it and said nothing were complicit
in a crime and also showed a dereliction of duty.

At the very least they should be removed from an office of trust and
replaced with real carers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:
[...]

TV show floor attendants and cameramen are now "carers" or in "offices
of trust"?

Most of the people involved at Broadmoor and at Stoke Mandeville in the
'70s will have retired or died by now anyway. They may well be involved
in the current OAP care problems as victims themselves. which could
possibly be considered to be poetic justice.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote:
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out of
the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without him to
stick up for himself.
I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had. sorry to
sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these
accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

After all what can be done now?

Brian

Well you can start by pulverising his headstone. You can give all those
children who were abused a voice now (and potentially some "closure").

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out
of the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without
him to stick up for himself. I find it all a bit strange unless there is
some money to be had. sorry to sound so cynical, but to me, no matter
how well respected he was these accusations should have been brought
forward during his life in my view.

'
Many years ago, in the '70s, I worked on 'Jim'll fix it'. Made at TV
Theatre. And the whispers were then he was a kiddie fiddler. Of course
such things were often said about 'stars' - but he was odder than most.
Wouldn't rehearse or even sit in his chair for a lighting etc check. So
obviously some sort of control freak. And the second he was finished he
left the 'stage'.

--
*A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out
of the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without
him to stick up for himself. I find it all a bit strange unless there is
some money to be had. sorry to sound so cynical, but to me, no matter
how well respected he was these accusations should have been brought
forward during his life in my view.

'
Many years ago, in the '70s, I worked on 'Jim'll fix it'. Made at TV
Theatre. And the whispers were then he was a kiddie fiddler. Of course
such things were often said about 'stars' - but he was odder than most.
Wouldn't rehearse or even sit in his chair for a lighting etc check. So
obviously some sort of control freak. And the second he was finished he
left the 'stage'.

Loved his mummy though. Say no more

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 11, 10:41*am, "Brian Gaff" wrote:
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out of
the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without him to
stick up for himself.
*I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had. sorry to
sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these
accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

After all what can be done now?

There's talk now of him having accomplices so presumably something
could be done on that front.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:03:39 PM UTC+1, mike wrote:
On Oct 11, 10:41*am, "Brian Gaff" wrote:

Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out of

the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without him to

stick up for himself.

*I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had. sorry to

sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these

accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view..

After all what can be done now?

There's talk now of him having accomplices so presumably something

could be done on that front.

Well they could do what they did to Cromwell. Dig him up and hang him.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 07:00:32 -0700 (PDT), fred
wrote:

Well they could do what they did to Cromwell. Dig him up and hang him.

Need a concrete breaker for that.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Well they could do what they did to Cromwell. Dig him up and hang him.

Need a concrete breaker for that.

I got the impression they just poured concrete over the top, so it should
be possible to tunnel in from below.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 11/10/12 10:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out of
the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without him to
stick up for himself.
I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had. sorry to
sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these
accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

Yes, very strange.
On the one hand, slightly creepy wierdo so not surprised, on the other
it seems strange that nothing ever came to light while he was alive.
Even if there was a lack of proof surely he should have been quietly
dropped from programmes and ignored by charities etc. It not as if he
was that famous or rich or otherwise with some hold over those people
with responsibilities.
So I reach two conclusions, those who run the media and charities are a
vulnerable and stupid when it comes to celebs as any putative victim.
And that it is another unanticipated consequence of everyone living
longer that there is less chance of all concerned being dead, buried,
and forgotten long before historical revisionism catches them ut.

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

djc wrote:
On 11/10/12 10:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out of
the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without
him to
stick up for himself.
I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had.
sorry to
sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these
accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

Yes, very strange.
On the one hand, slightly creepy wierdo so not surprised, on the other
it seems strange that nothing ever came to light while he was alive.

It did. Time and again. BUT who want to go up a against a national hero
with a knighthood and a personal fortune enough to hire lawyers?

He's not the only perve with a knightood by a ling chalk, either.

Best way to attain respectability after a dodgy career/life is to spend
money on charities. And whatever party is in power.

Best way to find vulnerable children is to support a charity that looks
after vulnerable children.

Even if there was a lack of proof surely he should have been quietly
dropped from programmes and ignored by charities etc. It not as if he
was that famous or rich or otherwise with some hold over those people
with responsibilities.

He was both famous and rich.

So I reach two conclusions, those who run the media and charities are a
vulnerable and stupid when it comes to celebs as any putative victim.

yes.

And that it is another unanticipated consequence of everyone living
longer that there is less chance of all concerned being dead, buried,
and forgotten long before historical revisionism catches them ut.

indeed.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

djc wrote:
[...]

So who's the 4th celeb to be named then? Come to think of it, all those
60s DJ types were creepy. Could take your pick I imagine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

stuart noble wrote:
djc wrote:
[...]

well let's speculate on totally unjustified implications of
pervidity..commensurate solely with personal prejudice.

Kenny Everett? as bent as a nine bob note yes, but not one feels little
boys.
Noel Edmonds? Well....all those woolly jumpers...Hmm
Tony Blackburn? No,. Far to interesting a thing for him to be..
Paul Gambachini. See Kenny Everett...
Dave Lee Travis? Probably not. One feels
Bob Harris. I've always had suspicions.

Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

stuart noble wrote:

So who's the 4th celeb to be named then? Come to think of it, all those
60s DJ types were creepy. Could take your pick I imagine

Jonathan King got busted...

But I cannot ever see such a thing being levelled at Wogan.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
moral busybodies."

Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

djc wrote:
On 11/10/12 10:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming
out of
the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without
him to
stick up for himself.
I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had.
sorry to
sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these
accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

Yes, very strange.
On the one hand, slightly creepy wierdo so not surprised, on the other
it seems strange that nothing ever came to light while he was alive.

It did. Time and again. BUT who want to go up a against a national hero
with a knighthood and a personal fortune enough to hire lawyers?

But these allegations go back a long way and the knighthood etc are far
more recent.

He's not the only perve with a knightood by a ling chalk, either.

Best way to attain respectability after a dodgy career/life is to spend
money on charities. And whatever party is in power.

Best way to find vulnerable children is to support a charity that looks
after vulnerable children.

Even if there was a lack of proof surely he should have been quietly
dropped from programmes and ignored by charities etc. It not as if he
was that famous or rich or otherwise with some hold over those people
with responsibilities.

He was both famous and rich.

But not *that* rich.
There does seem to be something missing. If there is substance in this
then I suspect it has a lot further to run. Some people far more
influential than a vulgar has-been celeb must be involed.

So I reach two conclusions, those who run the media and charities are
a vulnerable and stupid when it comes to celebs as any putative victim.

yes.

And that it is another unanticipated consequence of everyone living
longer that there is less chance of all concerned being dead, buried,
and forgotten long before historical revisionism catches them ut.

indeed.

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Some people far more
influential than a vulgar has-been celeb must be involed.

Not Brucie then

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, October 11, 2012 5:03:47 PM UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
djc wrote:

On 11/10/12 10:41, Brian Gaff wrote:

Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out of

the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without

him to

stick up for himself.

I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had.

sorry to

sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these

accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

Yes, very strange.

On the one hand, slightly creepy wierdo so not surprised, on the other

it seems strange that nothing ever came to light while he was alive.

It did. Time and again. BUT who want to go up a against a national hero

with a knighthood and a personal fortune enough to hire lawyers?

And a good friend of maggie thatcher I've heard.

He's not the only perve with a knightood by a ling chalk, either.

Best way to attain respectability after a dodgy career/life is to spend

money on charities. And whatever party is in power.

Another good way is to become a priest (catholic usually) and then God will protect you.
I'd really like to ask those that preach religion why God allowed this to happen to innocent children.

Best way to find vulnerable children is to support a charity that looks

after vulnerable children.

gets you specail, access and even a flat in teh hopsptal or home.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, October 12, 2012 1:43:29 PM UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
Another good way is to become a priest (catholic usually) and then God will protect you. I'd really like to ask those that preach religion why God allowed this to happen to innocent children.

But the abuse by preists is the fault of secularism apparently, by some strange reversal of logic.

Robert

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Philosopher wrote:
djc wrote:

[...]

I find it odd that a Catholic priest will spend all week preaching that gays
are sinners before bumming a choirboy.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, October 12, 2012 2:09:52 PM UTC+1, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,

whisky-dave wrote:

Another good way is to become a priest (catholic usually) and then God will

protect you.

I'd really like to ask those that preach religion why God allowed this to

happen to innocent children.

Because he doesn't interfere;

what do you mean he doesn't interfere, who the hell, brought the flood, 40 days and nights of rain. Not forgettting how he also parted the Red see to allow Moses to cross, yeah sure he doesn;t interfere ....

you are accountable for your actions. Of

course some religions say "It's God's will" but this is nonsense.

God also created man in his own image so what does that tell us about God,
that his a paedo ?. that his is an undulter, soemonen got mary pregnent.

Personally I blame brwian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:

Another good way is to become a priest (catholic usually) and then God will protect you.
I'd really like to ask those that preach religion why God allowed this
to happen to innocent children.

Because he doesn't interfere;

s/interfere/exist/

--
€˘DarWin|
_/ _/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Brian Gaff
scribeth thus
Don't you find it very odd though that all these people are coming out of
the woodwork now that he has gone? Where will be the justice without him to
stick up for himself.
I find it all a bit strange unless there is some money to be had. sorry to
sound so cynical, but to me, no matter how well respected he was these
accusations should have been brought forward during his life in my view.

After all what can be done now?

Brian

Yes why all of a sudden has all this come up?. Anyone could be forgiven
for thinking that he's the worlds worst offender ..

It seems that anyone and everyone has been accosted or abused by him but
if this was so widespread then why hasn't it surfaced before?.

So why not any allegations whilst he was alive then?..

It may well be understandable that people were scared to complain years
ago but he's been deceased for some time now so why no allegations then
why just all at once?..

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 22:44:33 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

In article , Brian Gaff
scribeth thus
[...]

Because they made a TV programme about it.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:53:50 PM UTC+1, tony sayer wrote:
Yes why all of a sudden has all this come up?. Anyone could be forgiven
for thinking that he's the worlds worst offender .. It seems that anyone and everyone has been accosted or abused by him but
if this was so widespread then why hasn't it surfaced before?.
So why not any allegations whilst he was alive then?..
It may well be understandable that people were scared to complain years
ago but he's been deceased for some time now so why no allegations then
why just all at once?..

So, are you saying that you (a) you don't quite believe it and (b) think it's not that serious even if it's true?

Robert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
RobertL scribeth thus
On Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:53:50 PM UTC+1, tony sayer wrote:
Yes why all of a sudden has all this come up?. Anyone could be forgiven
for thinking that he's the worlds worst offender .. It seems that anyone and
everyone has been accosted or abused by him but
if this was so widespread then why hasn't it surfaced before?.
So why not any allegations whilst he was alive then?..
It may well be understandable that people were scared to complain years
ago but he's been deceased for some time now so why no allegations then
why just all at once?..

So, are you saying that you (a) you don't quite believe it and (b) think it's
not that serious even if it's true?

Robert

Course not!.

I'm just surprised that this has all suddenly come about into the public
domain.

It seems perhaps that there ought to be an enquiry into it all then the
findings published.

Then we'll prolly get nearer the truth..
--
Tony Sayer