Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Jimmy Saville

stuart noble wrote:

We also know that Western culture is going through a particularly
puritanical phase where it's ok to dress your little girls up to look
like hookers, but not ok for anyone to fancy them. Very confusing given
the Pavlovian responses that govern a lot of human behaviour.

+1

I am starting to find the school disco disturbing.

It's OK to dress your little girl up nicely, or to let them be colourful[1]
but some of the kids, and we are talking about 7 year olds here, are does up
to look like minature 20 year olds.

[1] I allow my daughter to sport nail varnish for special occasions. In fact
it was a treat for doing so well at school or something.

But I very carefully chose a mixed bunch of bright colours excluding red and
she wears them mixed. She looks "colourful" in a kiddy sort of way, whilst
avoiding all the tarty overtones. Happens she doesn't desire lipstick or
other face makeup because I wouldn't let her anyway. But I have seen the
same on others in her class.

And I think I'm fairly liberal...

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
moral busybodies."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:
stuart noble wrote:

[...]

Well exactly.

I look at some of those kids and think 'are their mothers actively
selling them as sex slaves' because frankly that is what they seem to
look like.

I am always as disparaging as possible about the nieces tartier get ups.
They are improving, slightly.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/18/2012 9:42 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I look at some of those kids and think 'are their mothers actively
selling them as sex slaves' because frankly that is what they seem to
look like.

I looked at some of the girls at my kids' school, and wondered why their
mothers let them out of the house looking like mini-hookers.

Then I met the mothers...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

S Viemeister wrote:
On 10/18/2012 9:42 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I look at some of those kids and think 'are their mothers actively
selling them as sex slaves' because frankly that is what they seem to
look like.

I looked at some of the girls at my kids' school, and wondered why their
mothers let them out of the house looking like mini-hookers.

Then I met the mothers...

It's how they get council housing and benefits..

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 17, 10:38*pm, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 08:19:15 +0100, polygonum
wrote:

Aha! The other way that people claim there is no harm. They point out
that somebody, somewhere else, and often somewhen else, "got over it".
In fact, if they can come up with a good example, they all too often
claim the abuse (of whatever sort) was "the making" of the example person.