Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Jimmy Saville

stuart noble wrote:

We also know that Western culture is going through a particularly
puritanical phase where it's ok to dress your little girls up to look
like hookers, but not ok for anyone to fancy them. Very confusing given
the Pavlovian responses that govern a lot of human behaviour.

+1

I am starting to find the school disco disturbing.

It's OK to dress your little girl up nicely, or to let them be colourful[1]
but some of the kids, and we are talking about 7 year olds here, are does up
to look like minature 20 year olds.

[1] I allow my daughter to sport nail varnish for special occasions. In fact
it was a treat for doing so well at school or something.

But I very carefully chose a mixed bunch of bright colours excluding red and
she wears them mixed. She looks "colourful" in a kiddy sort of way, whilst
avoiding all the tarty overtones. Happens she doesn't desire lipstick or
other face makeup because I wouldn't let her anyway. But I have seen the
same on others in her class.

And I think I'm fairly liberal...

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
moral busybodies."