Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

Default How to get discounts at B&Q (2%) and Halfords (4.5%) indefinitely!

....by becoming a free 'Quidco' member, if you aren't one already.

As well as their fairly well-known online shopping cashback scheme, they
also have an 'in-store' scheme with several retailers, whereby you
register your credit card number with them and then each time that card
is used in that shop, it simply triggers a cashback payment to your
quidco account. Not a very long list of retailers as yet, but it does
include Cineworld, Halfords, Little Chef, Blockbuster and very recently,
B&Q. As I spend a fair amount in B&Q that's very welcome news for me!

(FYI cashbacks are usually much higher for online purchases but you do
need to remember to access the site through Quidco. They also deduct
the first 5 GBP you earn each year as a fee (only if you earn it) - and
that's very quickly made up.)

If anybody decides to sign up on the strength of this - suggest you use
the following affiliate link, which will pay you 1.00 GBP (and me 1.50
GBP as a thank you!)(as opposed to 0 GBP for each of us if you go direct
to the site instead):
http://www.quidco.com/user/233229/60053

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

On Nov 3, 9:37*pm, Lobster wrote:
...by becoming a free 'Quidco' member, if you aren't one already.

As well as their fairly well-known online shopping cashback scheme, they
also have an 'in-store' scheme with several retailers

Thanks for the heads-up David. I'm a long standing member of Quidco
and earn hundreds every year however I've never found the in-store
retailer list much use to me, mainly given how much of my shopping is
online... A significant exception is DIY-related materials and I
didn't realise B&Q were on there so I'll certainly be going for that.

Mathew
Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

On 03/11/2010 21:37, Lobster wrote:
...by becoming a free 'Quidco' member, if you aren't one already.

I get discounts off the trade prices for the stuff B&Q sell retail and a
chap I know gets me stuff from Halfords at something like 25% off.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

In article ,
Nightjar \cpb\@ insertmysurnamehere wrote:
On 03/11/2010 21:37, Lobster wrote:
...by becoming a free 'Quidco' member, if you aren't one already.

I get discounts off the trade prices for the stuff B&Q sell retail and a
chap I know gets me stuff from Halfords at something like 25% off.

I've got a Halford's trade card and some of the discounts are large. But
don't appear to be a fixed percentage.

--
*Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

On 03/11/2010 22:30, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember Lobster
saying something like:

If anybody decides to sign up on the strength of this - suggest you use
the following affiliate link, which will pay you 1.00 GBP (and me 1.50
GBP as a thank you!)(as opposed to 0 GBP for each of us if you go direct
to the site instead):
http://www.quidco.com/user/233229/60053

Ooh, you spammer.

The affiliate scheme pays 2.50 for each referral and it's up to the
account holder to apportion that sum between themselves and the newbie
however they see fit... originally I was going to put a link in to
generate just 2.50 for me; but thought I'd avoid accusations of spamming
by paying the newbie, thereby making it beneficial for him/her to use
the referral link rather than going direct. Obviously I thought wrong!! ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

In message , Lobster
writes
[...]

No - you just didn't think - "ah grimly " ...

--
geoff
Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 23:48:59 +0000, Lobster wrote:

Ooh, you spammer.

Yep that's what I thought when I got to that bit.

The affiliate scheme pays 2.50 for each referral and it's up to the
account holder to apportion that sum between themselves and the newbie

The spamming aspect would have been mitigated by giving all the £2.50
to the newbie or 50p to yourself and £2.00 to the newbie. I certainly
won't be following the referal link with more going to you than me
and I may well sign up.

How long does it take from registering a card to a store does it take
for the in store cashback to be active? I'm off to B&Q later this
morning, I'm already a Quidco member.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

On 04/11/2010 09:17, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 23:48:59 +0000, Lobster wrote:

Ooh, you spammer.

Yep that's what I thought when I got to that bit.

The affiliate scheme pays 2.50 for each referral and it's up to the
account holder to apportion that sum between themselves and the newbie

The spamming aspect would have been mitigated by giving all the £2.50
to the newbie or 50p to yourself and £2.00 to the newbie.

Don't see why you object to the principle that I should benefit in a
small way from imparting the information, particularly as the newbie
benefits anyway. And it's not as if I spammed umpteen ngs in a bid to
get referrals; as you're surely aware, I've been hanging around this ng
for years and thought the info might be useful to others when I found
out about it yesterday, and just added the link (completely openly) as
an afterthought.

I certainly
won't be following the referal link with more going to you than me
and I may well sign up.

I think that's what my grandmother would have called 'cutting off your
nose to spite your face' (though FWIW the referral is for joining
Quidco, not the 'in-store' bit).

How long does it take from registering a card to a store does it take
for the in store cashback to be active? I'm off to B&Q later this
morning, I'm already a Quidco member.

I'm not telling. ;-)

David

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 19:42:04 +0000, Lobster wrote:

[...]

I have no problem with this. In fact I just signed up! Thanks...

How long does it take from registering a card to a store does it take
for the in store cashback to be active? I'm off to B&Q later this
morning, I'm already a Quidco member.

I'm not telling. ;-)

I know now, and I'm not telling either! .-)

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

On Nov 3, 10:30*pm, Grimly Curmudgeon
drugs began to take hold. I remember Lobster
saying something like:

If anybody decides to sign up on the strength of this - suggest you use
the following affiliate link, which will pay you 1.00 GBP (and me 1.50
GBP as a thank you!)(as opposed to 0 GBP for each of us if you go direct
to the site instead):
http://www.quidco.com/user/233229/60053

Ooh, you spammer.

Whatever. For anyone who's not a member of Quidco, it's well
worthwhile. It's also worth noting that ebay "Buy It Now" attracts a
discount as do Marks & Sparks online orders -- and their online range
is much wider than you'll find in even the large M & S stores.

For a measly £ per year charge out of whatever sums come in, Quidco is
a very good deal.

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

On 05/11/2010 00:44, John MacLeod wrote:
On Nov 3, 10:30 pm, Grimly
drugs began to take hold. I remember Lobster
saying something like:

If anybody decides to sign up on the strength of this - suggest you use
the following affiliate link, which will pay you 1.00 GBP (and me 1.50
GBP as a thank you!)(as opposed to 0 GBP for each of us if you go direct
to the site instead):
http://www.quidco.com/user/233229/60053

Ooh, you spammer.

Whatever. For anyone who's not a member of Quidco, it's well
worthwhile. It's also worth noting that ebay "Buy It Now" attracts a
discount

So does any ebay purchase, actually - the quidco kickback is a % of the
ebay revenue from the sale. Seems to work out at typically 2-4% of the
purchase/'winning' price paid. You need to log in to ebay via quidco
when you pay for the item (ie not when you're bidding on it)

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

On 05/11/2010 00:44 John MacLeod wrote:

For anyone who's not a member of Quidco, it's well
worthwhile.

TopCashBack don't do the in-store credit card cashback but they
generally do the same online offers as Quidco with, quite often, better
cashback. http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/digital gets both of us £2.50
if you use it to sign up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

On 05/11/2010 00:44 John MacLeod wrote:

For anyone who's not a member of Quidco, it's well
worthwhile.

TopCashBack don't do the in-store credit card cashback but they
generally do the same online offers as Quidco with, quite often, better
cashback. http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/digital gets both of us £2.50
if you use it to sign up.

Oh, and there's no £5 annual fee with TopCashBack.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,free.uk.diy.home

On 05/11/2010 15:03, F wrote:
On 05/11/2010 00:44 John MacLeod wrote:

For anyone who's not a member of Quidco, it's well
worthwhile.

TopCashBack don't do the in-store credit card cashback but they
generally do the same online offers as Quidco with, quite often, better
cashback. http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/digital gets both of us £2.50
if you use it to sign up.

Oh, and there's no £5 annual fee with TopCashBack.

Yep I'm a member of that one too. Don't think it's as wide a coverage
as quidco though (eg doesn't do B&Q which was the original reason for
starting this thread) which is why I tend to use quidco by default.

If you look at http://tinyurl.com/38pt5on (or
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cashback-sites-comparison/providers/#content
you'll find a cashback site comparison tool which is worth a look.

Best cashbacks from wherever tend to be for the likes of mobile phone
contracts, insurance policies and utilty contracts; often into the
50-100 GBP bracket.

Wickes discounts FYI The Medway Handyman UK diy 2 December 14th 08 09:18 AM
Mexicans are angry that the United States might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and stay indefinitely./ Los mexicanos estamos enfadados de que los Estados Unidos pueden proteger sus propias fronteras, podr ªºªandcarole(R)(tm) Home Repair 0 March 14th 08 06:58 PM
Best Discounts Online [email protected] Woodturning 0 December 25th 07 05:57 AM
Discounts!! Deals Electronics 0 December 25th 05 04:58 PM
Halfords Rechargeable Searchlight [email protected] UK diy 26 April 22nd 05 11:26 PM