Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where can I find door knobs like this?

We would like to match the existing door knobs in the house when
furnishing the extension. Does anybody know where we might find
something that matches? I've spent a lot of time searching the web but
no joy.

Here is a photo:

http://www.ellington-music.co.uk/images/DoorKnob.jpg

As you can see, the rose screws onto the fixing plate to hide the
screws. The oval knob has a sort of sunflower-type pattern on it and the
edge, like that of the rose, is beaded.

The house is a 1960s bungalow but I've no idea if the door knobs are of
that period. All I know is that it is not a design that I can find off
the shelf!

Any thoughts?

Michael
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:05:47 +0000, Michael Kilpatrick
wrote:

We would like to match the existing door knobs in the house when
furnishing the extension. Does anybody know where we might find
something that matches? I've spent a lot of time searching the web but
no joy.

Here is a photo:

http://www.ellington-music.co.uk/images/DoorKnob.jpg

As you can see, the rose screws onto the fixing plate to hide the
screws. The oval knob has a sort of sunflower-type pattern on it and the
edge, like that of the rose, is beaded.

The house is a 1960s bungalow but I've no idea if the door knobs are of
that period. All I know is that it is not a design that I can find off
the shelf!

Any thoughts?

Michael

I'd imagine you will find it hard if not impossible to get a match
although if it's hidden screws you are looking for you should get
something here like this
http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/P...Knob_Set/AG723

so you might be looking at replacing all the handles ..How many do you
have ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

We would like to match the existing door knobs in the house when
furnishing the extension. Does anybody know where we might find
something that matches? I've spent a lot of time searching the web but
no joy.

Here is a photo:

http://www.ellington-music.co.uk/images/DoorKnob.jpg

As you can see, the rose screws onto the fixing plate to hide the
screws. The oval knob has a sort of sunflower-type pattern on it and the
edge, like that of the rose, is beaded.

The house is a 1960s bungalow but I've no idea if the door knobs are of
that period. All I know is that it is not a design that I can find off
the shelf!

Any thoughts?

Michael

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PAIR-EDWARDIAN...item482ecd60a4
Like that?

a search for oval doorknob brings up lots of results.
--
http://www.Christmasfreebies.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

We would like to match the existing door knobs in the house when
furnishing the extension. Does anybody know where we might find
something that matches? I've spent a lot of time searching the web but
no joy.

Here is a photo:

http://www.ellington-music.co.uk/images/DoorKnob.jpg

I'd imagine you will find it hard if not impossible to get a match
although if it's hidden screws you are looking for you should get
something here like this
http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/P...Knob_Set/AG723

so you might be looking at replacing all the handles ..How many do you
have ?

If we were to replace all the doors in the house: 12 doors (two of which
are one-sided handles). For good quality handle sets with hidden screws,
that actually quite a bit of money.

Michael
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Michael Kilpatrick writes:
We would like to match the existing door knobs in the house when
furnishing the extension. Does anybody know where we might find
something that matches? I've spent a lot of time searching the web but
no joy.

Here is a photo:

http://www.ellington-music.co.uk/images/DoorKnob.jpg

I've seen loads in France, typically on large windows in
older houses.

As you can see, the rose screws onto the fixing plate to hide the

I don't know if that detail applied to the ones I've seen.

screws. The oval knob has a sort of sunflower-type pattern on it and the
edge, like that of the rose, is beaded.

The house is a 1960s bungalow but I've no idea if the door knobs are of
that period. All I know is that it is not a design that I can find off
the shelf!

Much older design, but likely a reproduction.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Michael Kilpatrick wrote:
We would like to match the existing door knobs in the house when
furnishing the extension. Does anybody know where we might find
something that matches? I've spent a lot of time searching the web but
no joy.

Here is a photo:

http://www.ellington-music.co.uk/images/DoorKnob.jpg

As you can see, the rose screws onto the fixing plate to hide the
screws. The oval knob has a sort of sunflower-type pattern on it and
the edge, like that of the rose, is beaded.

The house is a 1960s bungalow but I've no idea if the door knobs are
of that period. All I know is that it is not a design that I can find
off the shelf!

Any thoughts?

You may have tried here, but if not they have a huge range of unusual stuff
http://www.hingesandbrackets.co.uk/h...unt-num=352990

Maybe if you sent them the picky?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20 Nov, 14:05, Michael Kilpatrick
wrote:
We would like to match the existing door knobs in the house when
furnishing the extension. Does anybody know where we might find
something that matches? I've spent a lot of time searching the web but
no joy.

Here is a photo:

http://www.ellington-music.co.uk/images/DoorKnob.jpg

As you can see, the rose screws onto the fixing plate to hide the
screws. The oval knob has a sort of sunflower-type pattern on it and the
edge, like that of the rose, is beaded.

The house is a 1960s bungalow but I've no idea if the door knobs are of
that period. All I know is that it is not a design that I can find off
the shelf!

Any thoughts?

A reclamation yard might be worth a poke about.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Do you live anywhere near York? I was there the other week and there's a
really nice shop near the Minster which I believe would have handles like
your picture.

Ash

Recessed door knobs Jack Home Repair 25 October 14th 09 02:29 PM
Medium format door knobs Aaron Fude Home Repair 4 August 8th 07 02:39 PM
Exterior Door Knobs Silas Home Repair 6 May 5th 07 11:43 PM
Keypad entry door knobs? al Home Repair 3 April 20th 07 02:18 AM
door knobs CJT Home Repair 9 November 28th 05 04:13 AM