Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cable rod compatibility

The other day I ordered a couple of accessories for my cable rods - a
small bullet torch to go on the end and a magnet and chain set. Much to
my annoyance, they don't match the thread size of my rods.

Hence I thought it would be handy to compile a list of which rods have
what threads etc.

The accessories I ordered were by Hellerman Tylon from CPC:
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/re...Redirect=false

Alas they expect a larger thread diameter than the basic rods from
Screwfix.

The rods the basic £15 set from Screwfix:
http://www.screwfix.com/cats/A334482...s/Cable-Access

There is yet another make from TLC:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...ods/index.html

Anyone got sets of any of these? Would you care to measure the thread
sizes / pitches etc?

--
Cheers,

John.